|By Business Wire||
|February 26, 2014 09:24 PM EST||
Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced the launch of “TC35667FTG”, a low power Bluetooth® IC that supports Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE)1 communications. Sample shipments start today.
Toshiba: "TC35667FTG", a low power consumption ICs for Bluetooth(R) Smart devices (Photo: Business Wire)
Recently, the number of Bluetooth® Smart2 devices offering Bluetooth® LE compatibility is growing. The new IC adopts an original low-power circuit design and integrates a highly efficient DC-DC converter, reducing peak current consumption to below 6mA and deep sleep current consumption to below 100nA. It promotes long life for small coin cell batteries and will facilitate adoption of Bluetooth® LE communications for small devices, such as wearable healthcare devices, sensors and toys.
The IC also integrates an ARM® processor, enabling download and execution of customer programs stored in EEPROM. It supports customization of applications, eliminating need for any external microcontroller.
Toshiba will expand the device line-up to include in automotive applications, supporting a wide range of Bluetooth® Smart devices.
Low power consumption:
- Less than 6mA at peak consumption (@3.3V, -4dBm Transmitter output power or Receiver operation)
- Less than 100nA in deep sleep (@3.3V)
- Receiver sensitivity: -91dBm
- Supports Bluetooth® LE central and peripheral devices
- Supports servers and client functions defined by GATT (Generic Attribute Profile）
Bluetooth® Smart devices, such as wearable devices, healthcare devices, smart phone accessories, remote controllers, and toys.
|Operating Voltage Range||1.8V to 3.6V|
Current Consumption of
|Less than 6.0mA (@3.3V, -4dBm Transmitter operation or Receive operation)|
Current Consumption of
|Less than 100nA (@3.3V)|
Including central and peripheral functions
|Transmitter Output Power||0dBm to -20dBm (4dB steps)|
|Profiles||GATT (Generic Attribute Profile), including server and client functions|
|Interfaces||UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO|
Low drop regulator
General purpose ADC
User program function
Wake up signal for host device
|-40°C to 85 °C|
|Package||QFN40, 6mm x 6mm, 0.5mm pitch|
- Low power consuming communication technology defined as Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0.
- Devices that adopt Bluetooth® core specification Ver. 4.0 or higher with low energy core configuration, and that use GATT (General Attribute Profile) based architecture specified in Bluetooth® Ver.4.0.
* Bluetooth SIG owns the registered trademark, Toshiba uses it under
* ARM and the ARM logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARM Limited in the EU and other countries.
Mixed Signal Controller Group
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm