|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 01:55 AM EST||
BANGKOK, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) ("TCEB") reveals its online marketing strategy and outreach programme targeting MICE markets worldwide. Also, in line with the innovative initiatives was the development of the state-of-the-art website which will be made in five languages to provide a useful and updated database. The bureau expects to implement seven marketing campaigns focusing on both domestic and international MICE markets. In addition, the strategy will highlight the digital platform, which enables collaboration between TCEB and the private sector to synergize digital marketing while joining forces to make Thailand the ideal destination for regional MICE events.
Mr. Nopparat Maythaveekulchai, president of TCEB, disclosed that, "Having realized the importance and potential of online media, which can empower Thailand's MICE industry to reach target groups across the region with relevant information and inspirations to select Thailand as the destination for any types of MICE activities, TCEB has initiated its online marketing plan for 2014 with the intent of enhancing Thailand's image and creating awareness of Thailand as the premiere destination for MICE among domestic and international markets."
The online marketing strategy will be implemented under 3 key frameworks, which include the development of an online comprehensive MICE database, the production of digital sales and marketing tools, as well as online marketing & public relations activities. Domestic and international marketing promotional campaigns aiming to attract target groups to join activities with the use of social media compose seven campaigns under a 45 million baht budget. These marketing schemes intend to enhance the image and potential of Thailand as the premiere MICE destination, create reliability and confidence in Thailand among organisers worldwide, as well as create buzz and attract more MICE activities to be held in Thailand.
"Our online marketing plan prioritizes the participation of the private sector within the MICE industry, including organisers, MICE travelers, foreign business partners and entrepreneurs, to join online marketing activities. The strategy will allow the private sector to efficiently reach MICE's target groups, while cost and time saving are also achieved. This will help drive positive outcome and will be brought to Thailand's MICE industry as a whole, which, in turn, will enable Thailand to accomplish its long-term goal of becoming the world's leading MICE destination," said Mr. Nopparat.
Mr. Nopparat also elaborates on TCEB's online marketing, saying, "To develop a useful database for market development, TCEB today launched the www.businesseventsthailand.com website as the centre of the complete MICE database that provides updated information for worldwide MICE target groups. Currently, the website is in three languages: English, Thai and Chinese. However, five more languages, including Japanese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Korean and Russian, will be added in 2014 to support more target groups.
In addition, TCEB is also developing sales and marketing material tools which were designed for MICE entrepreneurs to better utilise and create their own sales media, with their preferred formats and contents that meet their own business requirements. The online tools can be downloaded easily, allowing them to use them at their convenience, while also helping to save budget and time producing digital sales kits.
TCEB's online marketing activities include domestic and international marketing support campaigns. International campaigns include 3 campaigns:
- Spice Up Your Business Agenda: A special privilege campaign, which draws collaboration from TCEB, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Thai Airways International Plc, the Department of International Trade Promotion, the Ministry of Commerce and VISA. The collaboration will pool privileges, various products and services, such as air tickets, airport shuttles, golf, spa, entertainment and internet services, especially for registered MICE travelers joining exhibition fairs in Thailand. These special offers will ensure pleasant experiences for MICE travelers, while Thailand will benefit from increasing spending from the longer duration of stays. The Spice Up Your Business Agenda campaign will officially kick off in April 2014.
- Dream Meeting Contest: An online marketing activity on Facebook that was designed to invite MICE travelers worldwide to join online games in order to inspire the holding of MICE activities in Thailand to win special Thailand travel prizes.
- Itinerary Contest: An itinerary design contest that calls contestants to create pre- or post-trip itineraries in Thailand to introduce attractions and interesting activities for MICE organisers, MICE travelers and the general public.
Mr. Nopparat further explained that domestic markets will be running under the "MICE in Thailand" campaign with the objective of promoting MICE activities in Thailand. TCEB has put in place four domestic campaigns throughout 2014:
- Thailand MICE Venues Vote Awards 2014: A voting campaign that seeks the best MICE venue in Thailand.
- MICE Photo Contest @IG Project: Targeting Instagram users, the campaign calls for the submission of photos of favourite MICE activities in Thailand with grand prizes every month.
- Share and Likes Your MICE Experiences: Targeting institutes, organisations or corporations, this campaign highlights Thailand's impressive MICE activities photos with special prizes.
- MICE Guru: An online service offered by TCEB that provides updated information and clarification on MICE activities in Thailand.
"TCEB is confident that our online marketing plans for 2014 will play an important role in attracting MICE travelers into Thailand to meet our target of 987,000 visitors and 96,900 million baht of revenue. Essentially, the effort will help drive the expansion of MICE-related business and positions Thailand as the destination for the world's MICE industry in the near future."
For further information, please contact:
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, Corporate Communications Division
Ms. Arisara Thanuplang
Tel: +66 2 694 6095
Email: [email protected]
Mr. Pishnu Plaikaew
Tel: +66 2 694 6000
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau