|By Elizabeth White||
|March 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
EVault, Inc., a Seagate company (NASDAQ:STX), has announced that Forrester Research, Inc. has recognized EVault as a leader in Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) according to the January 2014 report, The Forrester Wave™: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014. Forrester evaluated vendors based on their current offering, strategy, and market presence. EVault tied for the second highest scores for its core DRaaS offering and security, and the highest score possible for recovery objective capabilities. EVault also achieved the highest score possible for planned service enhancements and again tied for the second highest score for value proposition and vision.
Forrester defines DRaaS as “services that enable customers to failover their on-premises infrastructure to a multitenant cloud environment that they purchase on a pay-per-use basis. The provider must run customers’ production environments out of the cloud during disaster declarations or testing.” Based on an analysis of what Forrester considers the 12 most significant service providers, the report cites EVault for offering “one of the most progressive guarantees with its service.”
EVault’s DRaaS offering is guaranteed to get organizations back in business fast; with 4-, 24- and 48-hour guaranteed recovery options available, the service is particularly beneficial for businesses in heavily regulated industries, such as health care, financial and legal services, that cannot tolerate extended outages of critical systems.
“We believe this report is a great acknowledgement of how EVault is focused on making customers successful,” said Terry Cunningham, President and General Manager, EVault. “EVault gives customers peace of mind - whether it be the ability to recover their data, their mission-critical systems, or ensure continuity of the IT operations, we partner with them so they have one less thing to worry about,” Cunningham added.
EVault Cloud Disaster Recovery Service features include:
- Managed, rapid recovery of critical systems and data in the EVault Cloud or certified service provider partners’ clouds within 4, 24 or 48 hours, after a disaster (depending on service level), and guaranteed by an SLA.*
- An experienced team of disaster recovery specialists that extends IT resources, helping customers implement, plan, test and execute the entire disaster recovery process 24/7/365.
- Remote access to applications in a secure, top tier, standards-compliant** data center (“warm” site for 24- or 48-hour SLA; “hot site” for 4-hour SLA) that extends customers’ production environments into the EVault Cloud as long as customers need.
- Proactive failover support provides a zero-downtime alternative for planned maintenance, site outages and upgrades.
- A 4-hour SLA recovery option that is compatible with existing backup solutions.
“EVault offers a true cloud-based disaster recovery service. Our team of experts help customers with DR planning, testing and recovery, over and above our standard cloud-connected server backup & recovery service,” said Unmesh Kulkarni, Vice President, Customer Experience Management, EVault. “We helped pioneer the DRaaS industry, and customers tell us that our EVault Cloud Disaster Recovery Service is an important differentiator for EVault from other backup and recovery vendors. We believe that Forrester recognizing us as a leader in their report is a great acknowledgement of our hard work to make customers successful.”
To access a copy of The Forrester Wave TM: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014 please visit http://bit.ly/1mrSf3D.
*The guarantee includes service credits and the right to terminate if the guarantee is not met, and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the EVault Cloud Disaster Recovery Service Level Agreement.
**Meets high standards for Cloud Service Providers, including ISO 27001 in EMEA and SSAE 16 in North America.
1 The Forrester Wave TM: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014. Copyright © 2014, Forrester Research, Inc.