|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 01:04 PM EST||
PARIS, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As it celebrates its 25th anniversary, MIPIM will ask international experts to deliver a 360 degree outlook on tomorrow's real estate world.
MIPIM 2014 is organised by Reed MIDEM, a subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions, and will be held in Cannes from 11 to 14 March.
"MIPIM will attempt to future-think the next 25 years of international real estate. Economists, futurists, European Commissioner, planners, architects, mayors, and developers will provide a public and private mix of opinions about the future of the sector in our conference programme," says Filippo Rean, Director of MIPIM.
Forward-looking conferences include:
The Big Debate - Change perspective: how to adapt the property world to a fast moving international environment? (Thursday, 13 March, 10am-11:30am)
Economic and demographic change together with rapid urbanisation, raises major issues for real estate professionals. Can this sector transform such pressures into opportunities?
The speakers will include:
- Graeme Maxton, futurist, economist, author and member of the prestigious Club of Rome
- Prof. Carlo Ratti, Director of the MIT senseable City Lab & Partner of Carlo Ratti Associati
- Robert Booth, CEO of Emaar Properties
- Harry Macklowe, Chairman of Macklowe Properties, which is currently managing the '432 Park Avenue' New York apartments project that will become the tallest residential building in the Americas.
The conference will be moderated by Michael Skapinker of The Financial Times.
Masterminds Europe: Re-inventing Europe (Wednesday, March 12, 10am-11:30am)
In light of the rise of new economic powerhouses in recent years, is Europe still an influential market internationally? Are Europe's large cities and their infrastructure, which follow different development paths, still attractive to international investors?
The speakers include:
- Gunther H. Oettinger, Member of the European Commission
- Alderman Sir Michael Bear, Chairman of the Regeneration Investment Organisation
- Antoni Vives, Deputy Mayor for Urban Habitat, Barcelona City Council
- Denis Simonneau, Member of the Executive Committee in charge of European and International Relations, GDF SUEZ
- Rob Wilkinson, CIO, AEW Europe
- Sean Tompkins, Chief Executive Officer, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Stephane Distinguin, CEO & Founder of FaberNovel
This session will be moderated by Damian Wild, Editor of Estates Gazette.
Futrastructure: rebooting urban infrastructure (Wednesday, March 12, 2:30pm- 3:00pm)
Taking a forward-looking approach is a key factor for planning the future of cities and their infrastructure. Buildings are often designed to meet present needs without taking a long-term view. This session will underscore the importance of anticipating and preparing for the future in the design of more environmentally, socially and financially sustainable buildings.
The speakers include:
- Scott Burnham, Director, Scott Burnham Studio
- Prof. John Macomber, Professor, Harvard Business School
To view the MIPIM conference programme, click here.
To track industry news:
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries. The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, LeWeb Paris and London for internet forward-thinkers, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia, MIPIM UK and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors.
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 41 countries. In 2012 Reed brought together seven million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 34 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group, a world leading provider of professional information solutions. www.reedexpo.com
SOURCE Reed MIDEM