|By Marketwired .||
|March 3, 2014 06:41 PM EST||
NOVATO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/03/14 -- IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Pro 21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21.
A new feature video may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O3BWd7A88
"I'm pleased to announce that TurboCAD Pro Platinum now offers simple BIM though IFC export," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "TurboCAD already provided an integrated suite of architectural design tools and objects, and allowed users to create custom data sets. Now with the ability to export data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, more customers can use TurboCAD for simple BIM operations."
As a general 2D/3D CAD application for professionals, TurboCAD Pro and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 also offers significant enhancements to the areas of 3D modeling and mechanical design, rendering and UV mapping, drafting and detailing, and interoperability.
TurboCAD Pro v21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum v21 new and enhanced features include:
NEW ARCHITECTURAL / SIMPLE BIM
- New Simple BIM with IFC export allows users to export geometry for walls, doors, windows, slabs, and roofs as well as custom data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- New PPM Objects as Doors and Windows extends parametric scripting in TurboCAD such that the resultant objects can be used as doors and windows.
- New Slice Any Solid with a (ACIS®) Surface allows any flat or curved plane in space to be used to bisect a solid.
- New ACIS R24 3D solid modeling engine and interoperability filters, plus enhancements to several features based on this engine.
- Improved Quick Pull Tool with options to dynamically modify fillets, bends, and/or cylindrical radii.
- New ACIS Faceting Algorithm gives more adequate results and adds options to the ACIS faceter properties.
- New Faceter Properties allows users to control the facet resolution of the display for improved productivity.
- New Drafting Objects Breaks use a conventional break to abbreviate the display of long drafting objects.
- New Edit Tool option "Node Filter" lets users select a subset of nodes on objects with a large number of nodes to optimize performance and ease of use.
- New option "On/Off 'Workplane by 3D object'" was added to the Edit Tool.
RENDERING & UV MAPPING
- Improved Render Manager is now a universal tool to manage and edit photorealistic elements for Redsdk and Lightworks.
- New Redsdk Photorealistic Enhancements includes new, full support of Redsdk environments, luminances, render styles, and HDRI.
- New Material Wizard allows users to automatically create a new material based on an inserted image. This includes bump maps, image maps, transparency maps and reflection maps.
- New UV Mapping Proportional Editing edits the mesh which defines the relationship between the UV Map and the mapped image.
- New Geo-located Sun creates universal Sun Light calculations and rendering based on one of three modes: (1) user geo-location, date, and time; (2) longitude, latitude and custom time; (3) angle and azimuth.
- New Unwrapping algorithm finds the optimum way to take a 3D surface and flatten it with the minimum distortion.
- New Create Segment by Edges option refines the method for defining segments used in UV Mapping.
- Improved Redsdk rendering engine by Redway 3D has been updated to version 3.3.
- Improved Redsdk Selector Tool for smoother viewing when moving the camera or scrolling.
- Improved Redsdk Photo Rendering with the ability to configure the number of threads for Redsdk ray trace rendering.
NEW DRAFTING AND DETAILING
- New Arrow Tools rapidly draw arc, curve, line, and polyline arrows with options to specify the head and tail or create your own.
- New Auto-Shapes allow users to quickly sketch out standard shapes (arc, line, box, etc.) and automatically create the precision shape.
- Improved Area Units discretely specify Area Units from Linear Units.
- New Custom Text Formatting for Dimensioning includes bolding, superscript, subscript, italics, support for multiple font scales, and multi-line.
- New Delta Distance and Delta Move Angle(s) allow users to move a selected object simply by specifying distance and a direction.
- New Rotate View with Viewport option synchronizes the rotation of viewports and views while retaining the possibility of discreet rotation.
- New Move Dimension Text adds flexibility by allowing users to edit dimension text from inside the dimension tool using the local menu.
- Improved Dimensional Updating for Drafting Objects through improved associative interactivity, with or without viewports.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF) read/write filters for 2013/2014 files.
- New SketchUp (SKP) read/write filter based on new 2013 APIs.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 21 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 is $1,695 and is now available.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2014 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2533639
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Dec. 28, 2014 05:45 AM EST Reads: 2,290
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,878
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
Dec. 28, 2014 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,911
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 28, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,505
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to th...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:45 AM EST Reads: 2,804
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,595
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,084
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,057
What do a firewall and a fortress have in common? They are no longer strong enough to protect the valuables housed inside. Like the walls of an old fortress, the cracks in the firewall are allowing the bad guys to slip in - unannounced and unnoticed. By the time these thieves get in, the damage is already done and the network is already compromised. Intellectual property is easily slipped out the back door leaving no trace of forced entry. If we want to reign in on these cybercriminals, it's hig...
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,926
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,008
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,760
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,977
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,722
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,822
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,410