|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 07:04 AM EST||
LONDON, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
"International financial services in the post-reform world: opportunities and challenges"
The 4th annual edition of City Week on 31st March - 2nd April 2014 will bring together senior figures from the international financial services industry, governments, regulators and other stakeholders to discuss the key issues in the financial world.
The Rt Hon William Hague MP, the UK Foreign Secretary, has said:
"This unique event, which is organised by a partnership between the UK Government, TheCityUK and City & Financial, brings together the major users and providers of international financial services with senior representatives from governments across the world to discuss current challenges and opportunities. City Week provides an opportunity not only to hear from an exceptional panel of speakers and participate in discussions on crucial issues, but also to network with your global peer group. Given the importance of international financial services to the current economic recovery and global growth, this event is a great support to the mutual interest we all share in our future prosperity."
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of TheCityUK, said:
"City Week is a representation of the very best of financial and related professional services. This industry is absolutely vital to the UK economy, and we are glad to be its leading voice. The financial and related professional services sector currently accounts for 13% of UK GDP. The sector employs over 2 million people, more than two-thirds of whom work outside London, and underpins the businesses that drive jobs and growth.
"We all rely on a stable and functioning UK financial system; successful enterprises cannot grow without the support of the financial services industry."
UK Government speakers include the Rt Hon Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills; the Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office; Lord Livingston, Minister of State for Trade and Investment; and Sajid Javid MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury.
Speakers from the industry and regulators include: Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman of Lloyds Banking Group; Douglas Flint, Chairman, HSBC; Philip Hildebrand, Vice Chairman, BlackRock and Former Chairman of the Swiss National Bank; Andrew Bailey, Chief Executive of the Prudential Regulation Authority; and Martin Wheatley, Chief Executive, the Financial Conduct Authority.
As a truly international event, City Week 2014 has a large number of speakers from overseas, including Dimitry Pankin, Deputy Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation; Pierre Gramegna, Minister of Finance, Luxembourg; Alexander Karrer, Deputy State Secretary, State Secretariat for International Financial Matters. Switzerland; Benoit de Juvigny, Secretary General, Autorite des Marches Financiers. France; and Zhang Yongjun, Head of the Economic Research Department, The China Center for International Economic Exchanges.
The full programme can be found at http://www.cityweekuk.com but issues to be covered include:
- The global role of the UK's international financial services industry post-reform
- The outlook for the global economy
- Global economic prognosis - identifying the new engines for economic growth
- The potential stimulus for financial services from the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
- Reforming the EU and completing the Single Market: implications for the financial services industry
- Coherence and convergence in international financial regulation: to what extent can these be achieved?
- The UK's 'twin peak' regulatory structure - a perspective one year on
- Taking stock of the global financial services reform programme: what remains to be done?
- Cyber security as a boardroom issue for financial institutions
- Corporate governance, trust, diversity and societal value
- How are BRICSA growth strategies adjusting to the economic slowdown for emerging economies?
- Achieving alpha - investment strategies and asset classes in a rapidly changing world
- Global derivatives 2.0 - emerging trends in the new, post-reform world
- How technology will transform the financial services industry over the next decade
You are invited to apply for one of the limited number of press passes that are available for City Week 2014.
The full brochure can be found at http://www.cityweekuk.com/events/city-week-2014/custom-20-e8318485b9c746fcaf960c664d4f9571.aspx
PR Partner: Zoë Pocock or Victoria Geoghegan at Bell Pottinger - +44(0)20-7861-3800
Email: [email protected]
Organiser: City & Financial - +44(0)1483-479331
SOURCE City Week 2014