|By Marketwired .||
|March 4, 2014 11:45 AM EST||
DUBLIN, IRELAND -- (Marketwired) -- 03/04/14 -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xx4hbf/recent_high) has announced the addition of the "Recent High Efficiency Crystalline Si Solar Cell Technology and Market Forecast (2006 - 2015)" report to their offering.
So far, the biggest examples of high-efficiency crystalline solar cells have been Sunpower IBC (Interdigitated Back Contact) and Sanyo HIT (Hetero-junction with Intrinsic Thin-film). These cell concepts allow about 3-4% higher efficiency than typical crystalline solar cells, but require very expensive processes and wafers (n-type), resulting in more than 40 % higher prices. For this reason, those products are now unlikely to meet with an enthusiastic response in the PV (Photovoltaics) market flooded with low-cost products.
Attempting to use this market situation as a stepping stone, Chinese companies are making aggressive efforts to develop technologies allowing low-cost processes and employing wafers (p-type and multi-crystalline) such as selective emitters, MWT (Metallization Wrap-through), EWT (Emitter Wrap-through), and bifacial solar cells in an attempt to enhance the identity of 'China Brand' and increase their market shares.
When it comes to selective emitters, China Sunergy has engaged in small-scale production in their existing production line since 2007. As for MWT, Photovoltech it has produced on a small scale with their pilot line since 2003. As Suntech's pluto cell (selective emitter) and Yingli's bifacial cell entered the market in 2010 and Canadian Solar's MWT began to be deployed on a commercial scale in 2011, the high efficiency solar cell market showed explosive growth. As a result, the production of the high efficiency solar cell market recorded 2.9 GW in 2012 compared to 1GW in 2010 and is expected to reach 7.4 GW in 2015.
As c-Si solar cells is one of the biggest issues in the PV market, this report covers each element of technology for high efficiency and mass-production of high efficiency c-Si solar cells as well as market forecasts and analysis.
Scope of the Report
- Element technologies for high-efficiency of c-Si solar cells.
- Development trend of each high-efficiency Si solar cell technology (BCSC/ LFC/ HIT/ Back Contact/ Passivated Emitter/ Selective Emitter/ Bifacial/ Quantum Dot).
- Trends in technology development and commercialization for high efficiency solar cells of research institutes and companies.
- High-efficiency Si solar cell market trends and forecasts by technology type.
Key Topics Covered:
1. c- Si Solar Cell Overview
2. C-Si Solar Cell Technology Using Screen Printing Technology
3. Element Technologies for High Efficiency of c-Si Solar cells
4. High-efficiency c-Si Solar Cell Technologies
5. Technology Development Trends by Research Institutes
6. Technology Development Trends by Country
7. Efficiency of PV cells and Forecast
8. High-efficiency Crystalline Solar Cell Market Forecast
Companies mentioned in this report include:
- Bosch - Canadian Solar - China Sunergy - ECN - Fraunhofer ISE - Hanwha Chemical (Hanwha SolarOne) - Hyundai Heavy Industry - IMEC - JA Solar - Kyocera - LG Electronics - Mitsubishi Elec - NREL - Photovoltech - Q-cells - Samsung SDI - Sanyo - Schott - Sharp - Sinsung Solar Energy - Solland Solar - Suniva - Sunpower - Sunrise Global Solar - Suntech - Trina Solar - UNSW - Yingli
Clients of Research and Markets in the area of Power and Solar Cell Technology include:
- Schott AG - BASF SE - Dupont (UK) Ltd - Siemens AG - Thomson Reuters Corporation - The Renewable Energy Corporation - Centro Stirling, S. Coop. - First Solar, Inc. - and many more...
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xx4hbf/recent_high
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-415-1241
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716