|By Business Wire||
|March 5, 2014 08:05 AM EST||
Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:GUID), the World Leader in Digital Investigations™, announced today its third annual Federal Summit will be held on Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at the Hilton Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia.
In its recent report, “The Federal Government’s Track Record on Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure,” the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee highlighted significant security issues within key agencies, increasing pressure to improve security measures across all levels. At this annual thought leadership forum, executives from government and the private sector will share groundbreaking approaches to defending information against security threats—both internal and external. Attendees will gain insight into new cybersecurity policies and their potential impact, emerging best practices in incident response and how to achieve organization-wide endpoint data visibility. The Federal Summit will feature presentations and panel discussions from leading authorities on cybersecurity, digital investigations, e-discovery, and government policy.
“Widely reported high-profile breaches over the past year have brought cybersecurity into the spotlight, putting increased pressure on government and industry leaders to improve protection of their organizations’ sensitive information and the people they serve,” said Victor Limongelli, president and chief executive officer of Guidance Software. “New approaches to security defenses are essential in the current threat landscape. The 2014 Federal Summit provides a rare opportunity to learn emerging best practices from experts who are setting new cybersecurity standards within government agencies.”
Limongelli will set the tone for the day-long conference with a presentation titled, “Operating Under the Assumption of Compromise.” Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Robert “Bob” Bigman, former Chief Information Security Officer of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), currently with 2BSecure LLC
- Peter Fonash, Chief Technology Officer, Cybersecurity and Communications, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- David Horrigan, Analyst, E-Discovery and Information Governance, The 451 Group
- Dr. Richard Marshall, former Director of Global Cyber Security for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, currently with White Noise Laboratories
- Ed McAndrew, Assistant United States Attorney; Cybercrimes Coordinator; National Security Cyber Specialist
- Scott Montgomery, Chief Technology Officer, Public Sector, Intel Security (formerly McAfee)
- Sanford Reback, Senior Technology Analyst/Director of Global Business at Bloomberg Government
- Tony Sager, former Chief Information Officer of the Information Assurance Directorate, National Security Agency (NSA), currently with the SANS Institute, Council on CyberSecurity
- Jill Singer, former Chief Information Officer of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), currently with Deep Water Point
- Michele Thomas, Chief Information Security Officer, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Darren van Booven, Chief Information Security Officer, U.S. House of Representatives
- Joe Mann, Vice President, CDS Legal
- Christina Ayiotis, Esq, CRM, George Washington University
Sessions will include “Leveraging Security Analytics to Operate Under the Assumption of Compromise,” “Keeping the Government in the Know: Dealing with FOIA Requests,” “Practical Approaches to Managing Insider Threats,” “The Intersection Between Privacy and National Security,” and “Insider Misuse Protection.”
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform, deployed on over 20 million endpoints, is used by numerous government agencies, more than 65 percent of the Fortune 100, and more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading electronic discovery and cybersecurity solutions, EnCase® eDiscovery, EnCase® Cybersecurity, and EnCase® Analytics. They empower organizations to respond to litigation discovery requests, perform sensitive data discovery for compliance purposes, conduct speedy and thorough security incident response, and reveal previously hidden advanced persistent threats or malicious insider activity. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.encase.com.
EnCase®, EnScript®, FastBloc®, EnCE®, EnCEP®, Guidance Software™ and Tableau™ are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Guidance Software in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights referenced in this press release are the property of their respective owners.