|By PR Newswire||
|March 5, 2014 11:05 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- One of the best ways to leap into spring is by experiencing a new sport. According to a recent survey conducted by premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet, 78 percent of people are more likely to rent equipment rather than purchasing, if they are trying a fitness activity for the first time, and 71 percent would be more willing to try a new activity if they had the option to rent the necessary gear. As spring nears, Sport Chalet offers a variety of rental equipment for consumers' growing outdoor sporting goods needs. If consumers test the gear and decide to buy, Sport Chalet will credit two days of rental fees toward the total cost of the purchase.
"Our ultimate goal is to provide customers with the education and equipment they need to tackle any sport, whether they're an amateur or experienced athlete," said Craig Levra, Chairman and CEO of Sport Chalet. "Our Experts are readily available to answer questions about all rental needs, from choosing the proper gear to offering a list of the best destinations to try a new sport."
For consumers wanting to experience a new activity this spring, Levra highlights the following must-try rental offerings:
- Beach cruiser – Pedal new paths with a beach cruiser rental. If visiting a coastal area, riding around on a beach cruiser is the ideal form of transportation to and from the beach.
- Racquet – Perfect for pairs trying out tennis or more advanced players looking to test new equipment, both tennis and racquetball racquets are available for rental at all Sport Chalet locations.
- Stand up paddle board – For an intense strengthening workout, try stand up paddle boarding. This sport isn't as easy as it looks; paddle boarders can burn up to 800 calories in one hour while achieving a full body workout.
- Wakeboard – Spring is a great time to take out a boat and try wakeboarding. Stop by a Sport Chalet store to rent wakeboarding and knee boarding gear before heading to a local lake.
- Kayak – Find out if paddling is a passion with a kayak rental. Be sure to also pick up a paddle or two before hitting the water.
- SCUBA – Dive deeper than ever with SCUBA rentals. For first-time SCUBA divers, Sport Chalet provides a complete package that includes a regulator with computer and octopus, buoyancy compensator, wet suit, hood, cylinder, weight belt and weights. Additionally, free diving lessons are available for beginners at various Sport Chalet locations.
- Tent – Tents for camping trips with family and friends are available in a variety of sizes to fit varying needs.
- Sleeping bag – For differing camp site locations, both down and fiber-fill bags are offered, along with kids' sizes. Talk to an Expert to find out what gear is needed, depending on the destination.
- Camping Stove – Be sure to pick up a camping stove if heading on a backpacking trip. At the end of a long day of hiking, a hot meal will give campers the energy required for the rest of the adventure.
For more information about Sport Chalet, or to find a nearby location, visit www.sportchalet.com. Rentals do vary by store location, so please contact the nearest Sport Chalet store for details on what rentals are offered. For additional media inquiries, contact [email protected].
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 51 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet