|By PR Newswire||
|March 5, 2014 04:08 PM EST||
NEW YORK, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced today that five lawyers based in the Firm's offices around the world have been elected to the Firm's partnership, which became effective on March 1:
- Tobias Caspary is a member of the Antitrust and Competition team, residing in London. His practice focuses on European, UK, and German competition law as well as trade regulatory matters. Prior to joining Fried Frank, Dr. Caspary practiced competition law for several years at another major international law firm in Brussels. He completed his First State Law Exam at the University of Trier in 2000 and his Second State Law Exam at the State of Rhineland-Palatine in 2005. He also received his Doctor of Laws (Dr. iur.) at the University of Trier in 2005 and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003. Dr. Caspary is licensed to practice law as a Rechtsanwalt (Frankfurt am Main, Germany) and as a solicitor (England and Wales).
- Randy C. Eisensmith is a member of the Litigation team, residing in New York. His practice is concentrated in the field of intellectual property, including patent and trademark litigation, pre-litigation counseling, patent prosecution, and the drafting of patent opinions. He received his JD, cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law in 2005; his PhD in pharmacology from The University of Chicago in 1988; and his AB in chemistry (with honors) from The University of Chicago in 1980. Dr. Eisensmith is admitted to the bar in New York and is admitted to practice before numerous courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Jons F. Lehmann is a member of the Corporate team, residing in London. He represents clients on a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged acquisition finance, structured finance, investment grade finance, syndicated lending, and other complex financing and restructuring transactions. Mr. Lehmann received his LPC from BPP Law School in 2000, his LLM from the London School of Economics Department of Law in 1998, and his LLB from King's College London in 1997. He is licensed to practice law in England and Wales.
- Alfred Wu is a member of the Litigation team, residing in Hong Kong. He handles a range of general commercial litigation and arbitration matters encompassing corporate finance, M&A, funds, joint ventures, insolvency, restructuring, property, employment and shareholder disputes. Mr. Wu received his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1995, his M.Sc. from Queen's University in 1989, and his B.Sc. from the University of Manchester in 1987. He is licensed to practice law in Canada, England and Wales, and Hong Kong
- Rebecca N. Zelenka is a member of the Corporate team, residing in Washington, DC. Her practice focuses on asset management work, concentrating on the structuring and offering of domestic and international private equity funds and other alternative investment funds. She received her JD from the University of Chicago School of Law in 2004 and her BS from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2001. Ms. Zelenka is admitted to the bar in the District of Columbia, New York and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition, the following individuals have been promoted to special counsel, effective on March 1:
- Michael J. Anstett, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- Alexis R. Kremen, a member of the Real Estate team resident in New York
- Laurinda Martins, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- David M. McDonald, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Nina Siewert, a member of the Tax team resident in Frankfurt
- Thorsten H. Stuecklin, a member of the Corporate team resident in Frankfurt
- Jan Sysel, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Jennifer Wollenberg, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- David Zilberberg, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
In a joint statement, David Greenwald and Valerie Ford Jacob, Co-Chairs of Fried Frank, said: "We congratulate each of the new partners and special counsel for demonstrating the level of expertise and leadership required to achieve these important career milestones. We look forward to leveraging their many talents to benefit Fried Frank's clients around the globe."
About Fried Frank
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP is a leading international law firm with offices in New York; Washington, DC; London; Paris; Frankfurt; Hong Kong; and Shanghai. Approximately 450 Fried Frank lawyers regularly serve the world's leading corporations and financial institutions with regard to their most critical legal needs and business opportunities. More information can be found at www.friedfrank.com.