|By PR Newswire||
|March 6, 2014 03:23 PM EST||
MONTREAL, March 6, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Laurentian Bank of Canada (TSX: LB) announced the release of its Annual Meeting of Shareholders Notice to its shareholders today, along with its Management Proxy Circular. The Circular is available on SEDAR, as well as in the Investor Relations section of the Bank's Internet site.
The annual shareholders' meeting will be held on April 2, 2014 at the Monument-National in Montréal. The Circular contains all the necessary information to enable shareholders to exercise their rights to vote on the presentation of financial statements, the nomination of an auditor, the consultative vote on named executive officer compensation, and on a shareholderproposal.
The Circular also contains all the information to allow shareholders to express their opinion on the election of the Bank's Board of Directors. The 13 nominees for Director positions are:
- Lise Bastarache, Economist and Corporate Director
- Jean Bazin, Q.C., Counsel with Dentons Canada LLP
- Richard Bélanger, FCPA, FCA, President, Toryvel Group Inc.
- Michael T. Boychuk, FCPA, FCA, President, Bimcor Inc.
- Isabelle Courville, Corporate Director and Chairman of Laurentian Bank's Board of Directors
- Pierre Genest, Chairman, SSQ Life Insurance Company Inc.
- Michel Labonté, Corporate Director
- A. Michel Lavigne, FCPA, FCA, Corporate Director
- Jacqueline C. Orange, Corporate Director
- Marie-France Poulin, Vice-President, Camada Group Inc.
- Réjean Robitaille, FCPA, FCA, President and CEO, Laurentian Bank
- Michelle R. Savoy, Corporate Director
Jonathan I. Wener, C.M., President, Canderel Management Inc.
In 2013, Laurentian Bank posted record adjusted results for a seventh consecutive year and exceeded the $150 million mark in adjusted net income for the first time in its history.
About Laurentian Bank
Laurentian Bank of Canada is a banking institution whose activities extend across Canada. Recognized for its excellent service, proximity and simplicity, the organization serves one and a half million clients throughout the country. Founded in 1846, the Bank is among the 2014 Montréal's Top 25 Employers competition, which showcases the city's top companies offering enviable places to work. It currently employs some 3,800 people, whose talent and dedication has made it a major player in numerous market segments.
Laurentian Bank distinguishes itself through the excellence of its execution and its agility. Catering to the needs of retail clients via its extensive branch network and constantly evolving virtual offerings, the Bank has also earned a solid reputation among SMEs, larger businesses and real estate developers thanks to its growing presence across Canada and its specialized teams in Ontario, Québec, Alberta and British Columbia. For its part, the organization's B2B Bank subsidiary is a Canadian leader in providing banking and investment products and services to financial advisors and brokers, while Laurentian Bank Securities is an integrated broker that is also widely known for its expert and effective services nationwide. Laurentian Bank of Canada has more than $33 billion in balance sheet assets and more than $39 billion in assets under administration.
SOURCE Laurentian Bank of Canada