|By PR Newswire||
|March 6, 2014 10:00 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Winners of the 57th Annual Laureates Awards, honoring extraordinary achievements in the global aerospace arena, were announced tonight at a black-tie gala at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC. The awards are presented annually by Penton's Aviation Week, the largest multimedia information and services provider to the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries.
"Since their debut 57 years ago, Aviation Week's annual Laureate Awards have shined a spotlight on the industry's greatest achievers," said Aviation Week & Space Technology Editor-in-Chief Joseph C. Anselmo. "We recognize both the finalists and the winners for their exploration, innovation and vision, which inspires other to strive for progress."
The winners include:
- Philip J. Klass Awards for Lifetime Achievement (two winners): Laurent Beaudoin (Montreal Quebec, Canada) and Harold Rosen (Santa Monica, CA)
- Aviation Week Heroism Award: World Canadian Airforce Rescue 912 Crew (Comox, Canada)
- Aeronautics & Propulsion: U.S. Navy/Northrop Grumman X-47B team - Naval Air Systems Command (Patuxent River, MD) and Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA)
- Avionics & Systems: RTCA Special Committee 213 (Washington, DC)
- Business & General Aviation: Bradley Mottier (Cincinnati, OH)
- Commercial Air Transport: Willie Walsh (London, Hounslow, UK)
- Defense: French Defense armaments agency DGA/Dassault Aviation Neuron (Saint-Cloud, France)
- Space: Jean-Yves Le Gall (Paris, France)
Four military academy cadets were selected to receive Tomorrow's Leaders awards, honoring young men and women who have chosen career paths in the armed forces. This year's honorees include:
- Daniel John Eichner, Cadet Captain and Battalion Commander, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Regiment, United States Military Academy
- Nicole Marie Garrett, Second Class Cadet, United States Coast Guard Academy
- Christopher James Shannon, Cadet First Class, United States Air Force Academy
- Christopher Kenneth Voss, Midshipman First Class, United States Naval Academy
Produced by Aviation Week, the Laureates Awards is one of the industry's premier events, attracting hundreds of industry pioneers and thought leaders from around the world. Event sponsors include Executive Sponsors Boeing and Orbital, and Sponsors BAE Systems, The Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) Consortium, a managed consortium of The Open Group, and Northrop Grumman. Aviation Week & Space Technology is the event's official publication, with additional media support provided by SpeedNews.
Complete coverage of the Laureates Awards is available in Aviation Week & Space Technology and on http://www.aviationweek.com. For more information, visit http://events.aviationweek.com/current/lau/. On Twitter, follow @AviationWeek, #AWLAUR.
About Aviation Week
Aviation Week, a division of Penton, is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, business aviation operators, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. The product portfolio includes Aviation Week & Space Technology, AC-U-KWIK, Aircraft Blue Book, Airportdata.com, Air Charter Guide, Air Transport World, AviationWeek.com, Aviation Week Intelligence Network, Business & Commercial Aviation, ShowNews, SpeedNews, Fleet and MRO forecasts, global maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) tradeshows and aerospace & defense conferences.
Penton is a professional information services company. We engage and inform millions of professionals every day, helping them decide how to grow and solve their most critical business challenges. As a leading provider of workflow solutions and insightful content, marketing services and networking via in-person and online events, we help businesses do business. We focus our industry expertise on five core growth markets - agriculture, transportation, natural products/food, infrastructure, and industrial design and manufacturing.
Learn more - penton.com