|By Marketwired .||
|March 7, 2014 06:46 PM EST||
CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - March 07, 2014) - The National Certification Corporation (NCC) is pleased to announce the launch of the consumer awareness campaign -- Certified Nurses are Everywhere! This national PSA endeavor encompasses broadcast & cable TV, internet ads and transit ads in major designated market areas across the country. Its purpose is to inform the public that "Nurses can be nationally certified in their nursing specialty"; such as obstetrics, women's health, neonatal, oncology, surgical, pediatrics, anesthesia, hospice & palliative -- just to name a few.
Did you know...
- Certified nurses and advanced practice nurses have demonstrated their knowledge through a rigorous examination -- a process which includes qualifying by meeting practice or education eligibility criteria and then maintaining their credential through reassessment of that knowledge throughout their career
- Certified nurses choose to seek out certification -- demonstrating their expertise, knowledge and commitment
- National certification is the only way to have nursing specialty knowledge validated by an impartial third party
- Certified nurses must maintain their core specialty knowledge base and keep up with the changes in health care through ongoing targeted education and continuing competency assessments
Certified nurses work in all specialty areas, in every part of the country and in every health care setting, but the public is unaware of the certified nurse and of their effect on health care, patient advocacy and patient safety. Certified nurses have a direct influence on patients and their families during life-changing times, such as giving birth, illness and trauma. Their patients feel more confident with the care provided by certified nurses who are dedicated to staying up-to-date with the continuing changes in health care practices.
NCC and partnering organizations would like to empower individuals to be more knowledgeable health care consumers. By visiting CertifiedNurses.org consumers can view this PSA and learn more about certification and the various specialties that proudly support their certified nurses.
The national distribution of "Certified Nurses are Everywhere" has started and will continue throughout 2014. Placements and anticipated impressions are as follows:
- Broadcast TV and Cable... 150-300 million impressions
- Internet Banners... 20 million targeted impressions
- Transit Ads (airports, bus, malls, billboards)... 160 placements with 3-5 million impressions
"Certified Nurses are Everywhere" created by The National Certification Corporation (NCC) and supported in part by:
American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN)
American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification, Inc. (ABPANC)
Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)
National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses (NBCHPN)
National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA)
Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC)
Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board (ONCB)
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
The National Certification Corporation (NCC) is a not for profit organization that provides a national credentialing program for nurses, physicians and other licensed health care professionals. NCC is accredited by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies and has awarded certification or certificates of added qualification to more than 120,000 licensed health care personnel, since its inception in 1975.
The following files are available for download: