|By Business Wire||
|March 11, 2014 04:55 PM EDT||
Brightree, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, billing and business management software solutions for the post-acute care industry, today unveiled at Medtrade Spring in Las Vegas, Nev., its new brand, reflecting the organization’s broadening investment in technology and services across the post-acute care sector of healthcare. Traditionally known for its leadership position in the Home Medical Equipment/Durable Medical Equipment (HME/DME) market, Brightree is extending its investments in hospice, home health and infusion solutions, as well as in surrounding services – such as patient and private payments, revenue cycle management (RCM), portal-based ordering systems and referral acceleration and management relationships – to enable HME/DME businesses to expand and diversify their revenue streams and to attract new customers in other post-acute care disciplines into the Brightree community.
“Brightree customers are forward-thinking leaders who want to grow and diversify in this time of escalating change in healthcare,” said Dave Cormack, CEO of Brightree. “Our new brand emphasizes the bright future we envision enabling our customers to create as we make the right strategic investments to simplify and accelerate the flow of information, documents, work streams, resources and payments among patients, providers and payers – whether government, commercial, private or patients – across the healthcare continuum.”
Added Cormack, “Over the next four years we plan to invest more than $80 million in realizing this vision so that our customers can not only overcome revenue pressures brought about by changes such as competitive bidding, increased audits and expanding regulation, but also to ensure that they can capture a greater share of the opportunities post-acute care presents for radically improving costs and outcomes in our healthcare system.”
Based on data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Brightree estimates the post-acute areas of HME, home infusion, home health, hospice and long-term care will collectively double in spending over 10 years, from about $250 billion in 2013 to more than $500 billion in 2023, even with cost-containment measures in place.
“Our goal is to help Brightree customers capture the greatest share of that growth by equipping them with the broadest array of software, services and professional expertise targeted to their specific needs,” continued Cormack. “Brightree’s 30 percent growth over the last year has put us in a strong position to invest even more in our customers’ success, while continuing to grow aggressively in 2014 and beyond.”
Some initiatives that are part of Brightree’s growth plan include:
- Regulatory investments to keep Brightree customers ahead of reimbursement changes. On Monday, Brightree announced the CMS had acknowledged and accepted 100 percent of Brightree test claims coded to the new ICD-10 standard as part of a national testing program to prepare providers for the October 2014 change. The early acknowledgment validates Brightree’s ICD-10 readiness so customers can be confident they are equipped to handle the new claim submission and reimbursement demands. This investment is just one of many regulatory-based enhancements Brightree is making to keep customers ahead of market changes.
- Revenue Cycle Management. The company is evolving its former Billing Services group to deliver a portfolio of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions that will help customers improve profitability and cash flow from intake to collection. Part of this evolution involves a strategic business relationship with Access Healthcare, a leading provider of business process outsourcing in the healthcare market, to deliver cost-effective, “behind-the-scenes” predictive administrative and workflow management tasks on a broader scale. Brightree’s RCM account managers and analysts will continue to provide direct customer-facing services and support, as well as advise customers on ways to improve and manage cash flow.
- Private and Patient Payments. Private-pay billing and collection solutions delivered through Strategic AR (acquired by Brightree in January 2014) enable providers to engage patients upfront to collect co-payments and retain credit card information on file for re-orders. Integration with the provider’s billing systems of record further automate business processes and reduce the time and effort associated with patient collections.
- Referral Acceleration and Management. Through a new relationship with athenahealth, Brightree’s network of providers now has direct and instant access to referrals from the more than 18,000 physicians using athenaClinicals® and athenaCoordinator®, cloud-based services for electronic health records (EHR), practice management and care coordination.
- ePurchasing Partnerships. The company is investing in strategic relationships with McKesson, ResMed, Independence Medical and other manufacturers and distributors to help customers streamline ordering by accessing electronic purchasing directly through the Brightree system interface.
- Mobile Healthcare. As patient counts grow across post-acute settings, the need to service patients “where they are” through a more diversified workforce that includes both clinical health workers and non-clinical patient care aides is expanding. Add to this the increased regulation and compliance demands being placed on home health and hospice organizations, and the necessity for mobile technology to underlie best practices and protect reimbursements is clear. Brightree plans to release tablet-based mobile solutions to augment its laptop-based mobile solutions for hospice and home health organizations this fall.
Brightree will be exhibiting its application solutions in its Booth #1018 at the Medtrade Spring Conference on March 10-12 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The company also will be presenting a conference session on “How to Get Your Inventory In Shape” on Wednesday, March 12, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. PT.
Brightree is the leading provider of cloud-based software for the post-acute care industry. Our 500 team members serve more than 3,000 companies in the HME, home health, hospice, O&P, HME pharmacy, home infusion and rehab home care segments. Brightree's unique SaaS software solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses. The company is ranked as one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S. on the prestigious Healthcare Informatics 100 (HCI 100) list. For further information, visit www.brightree.com or call 1.888.598.7797.
Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 28, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,144
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,591
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,168
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrateg...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,839
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 28, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,840
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,996
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,935
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,883
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,426
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 7,202
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,054
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,160
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,221
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,039
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,227