|By Business Wire||
|March 12, 2014 12:51 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w8wgvz/2014_it_salary) has announced the addition of the "2014 IT Salary Survey" report to their offering.
The 2014 IT Compensation Survey draws on data collected throughout the year by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. The survey data reflects IT salaries in 78 major cities in the United States as well as 23 cities in Canada. This data was compiled in January 2014. The report is over 160 pages long and the data is provided in Adobe Acrobat format.
The major findings of the survey are:
- IT compensation for all IT Professionals has increased by 0.67% in the last 12 months.
In mid-sized enterprises, the mean total compensation for all positions has increased by 1.06% from $75,463 to $76,194.
In large enterprises, the median compensation has risen from $82,054 to $82,384.
- CIOs compensation has stayed flat in larger companies and increased in smaller and mid-sized companies in the past 12 months.
- In 2013 the IT job market grew by 74,900 versus 62,500 in 2012 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) - better but not enough to employee the number of IT graduates from US universities or to increase demand.
- Lay-offs seem to have tapered off, however some companies continue to cut the size of the IT organizations.
- Cost control is still the rule of the day; however we have seen an increase in the number of "part-timers" and contractors who are focused on particular critical projects. This has resulted in few IT Pros getting health coverage
- Companies are continuing to refine the benefits provided to full time IT professionals. Though benefits such as health care are available to 80%, IT professionals are now paying a greater portion of that cost.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w8wgvz/2014_it_salary
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.