|By Business Wire||
|March 13, 2014 09:04 AM EDT||
OREGON®, a world leader in forestry, lawn and garden since 1947, has added three new products to its 40V MAX* Cordless Tool System to help homeowners tackle tough spring yard clean up tasks.
Utilizing OREGON’s powerful and lightweight 40V MAX* Lithium Ion battery technology, the products include a new Pole Saw, second generation Trimmer/Edger and maximum capacity 4.0 Ah battery pack. The Trimmer/Edger and 4.0 Ah battery pack, available now, and the Pole Saw, available April 15, can be purchased online or at OREGON independent retailers.
“Gas-powered tools can make essential spring cleanup tasks, like trimming trees and cleaning up winter lawn debris, an inconvenient and frustrating chore for homeowners,” said Josh Huffman, senior product line marketing manager for OREGON. “Our new cordless Trimmer/Edger and Pole Saw take the frustrations out of spring yard work. Homeowners no longer have to sacrifice convenience or performance when deciding between battery-powered or gas-powered tools.”
Huffman offered the following product suggestions and tips:
- Choose the right tools. With battery-powered tools, like the OREGON 40V MAX* Cordless Tool System, you’ll be ready to start trimming and cutting with a simple charge of the battery. OREGON tools start instantly, making it easy to tackle any yard task as soon as spring is here. OREGON’s premium battery technology features long run times, no fade power, and is compatible with all tools in the Cordless Tool System.
- Prune trees and shrubs at the right time for maximum leaf growth. Most shrubs and groundcovers are best pruned and trimmed in early spring before they start to grow. The new PS250 Pole Saw provides the power and agility necessary for precise trimming. With a telescoping shaft that allows for up to 15-feet of reach and a mid-mount motor design for improved balance, the PS250 makes it easy to trim branches without a ladder.
- Keep grass trimmed to ward off weeds and summer drought. Cut lawns low and re-establish edges along shrub beds, walks and driveways in early spring. The new ST275 Trimmer/Edger, featuring a dual-line cutting head and flip-down edge guide, can help homeowners easily achieve an immaculately trimmed lawn. With new, patented gear drive technology, it offers 50 percent more power for improved cutting performance.
- Be a better neighbor. Compared to their gas-powered counterparts, cordless tools are low noise and quiet between cuts. With no toxic emissions, they’re also the greener, environmentally friendly landscaping choice.
Combined with the other tools in OREGON’s 40V MAX* Cordless Tool System, the CS250 Chain Saw, HT250 Hedge Trimmer and ST250 Trimmer/Edger, the new products make it easy for homeowners to clean up and maintain their yards and landscapes all year long.
OREGON is a brand and division of Blount International, Inc. Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment and accessories for the forestry, lawn and garden; farm, ranch and agriculture; and construction markets, and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. Blount sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world. For more information, visit OregonCordless.com.
* Fully charged battery voltage measured without a workload is 40 volts. Nominal voltage is 36 or 37 depending on battery used.