|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
MUMBAI, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Qatar's tight rental market has made it the most expensive country to live in the GCC, according to a comprehensive analysis on the cost of living in the region. The report has found that in a like-for-like comparison of seven measures, Qatar came out the most expensive overall, followed by the UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
Qatar also emerged as the most expensive GCC nation for renting a car with a monthly fee of $2,773 to rent a small SUV - almost double the $1,390.50 cost for the same car in the UAE - while an annual gym membership in Qatar was $2,686.5 compared to $81 a year in Saudi and a meager $48 in Oman.
It is also noted the UAE had the biggest range of healthcare in terms of international hospitals and clinics, while the more than seven big, local drug manufacturing plants in Saudi, where insurance was $1,350/yr, brought down pharmaceutical costs somewhat.
Bharat Book Bureau presents Cost of Living - GCC Report. http://www.bharatbook.com/business-services-market-research-reports-482783/cost-of-living-gcc-report.html
GCC Report Overview
Release Dates: Released in February annually
Geographical Areas Covered: Covers and compares UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait & Bahrain
Sections in Report: Accommodation, Commercial Property, Education, Healthcare, Travel & Transport, Household & Utilities, Business Set-up & Licenses, Lifestyle & hospitality and Job Market across all 6 GCC countries, comparing equivalent roles across multiple industrial sectors
Remuneration Analysis: 100+ job titles with demographic comparisons
Report Content: Tabular analysis & graphical analysis along with all report sources
Report Sources: Several hundred, including the World Bank, IMF, open sources and local consulting agencies across the GCC, along with our findings across all 3 of our country reports for KSA, UAE & Qatar
Report Size: 124 pages
Report Format: Secure PDF, with a printed hardcopy available upon request
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE GCC REPORT
- Comparison of various rental properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries
- Comparison of various freehold properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries (where applicable)
- Rental growth vs. job vacancies across the GCC
- Factors influencing property value by major GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- GCC's residential price-quality index
- Key drivers of letting prices by GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- Inventories of apartments and villas by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Residents demographics by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- The cost of amenities by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of schooling fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of University tuition fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the cost of an MBA & Masters Degrees across various Universities in the GCC
- Cost of school transport and admission fees
- Average annual spending per child on education, by expat households across various job titles
Household & Utilities
- Comparison of the average cost of a typical food basket in 2013-2014, between the GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces by family size
- Comparison of annual water consumption, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of electricity and utility costs, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of cost of entertainment, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Annual prices of international TV subscriptions, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Golf Green Fees, across the clubs in the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of in-patient and out-patient procedures and consultancies, across the main GCC hospitals in public & private sectors
- Comparison of the cost of health insurance premiums, by age bracket & package type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the average cost of health benefits, as a percentage of total payroll by business sector & employer size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Expected pay increases by business sector and job title across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- An overview of talent demand and supply in various sectors, by job title and years of experience across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Travel & Transport
- Comparison of prices of new automobiles by vehicle type & size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the costs of maintaining a vehicle across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of an entry visa, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of petrol/ diesel fuel prices across 80+ countries (including the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces)
- Comparison of hotel rates and charges between the main GCC areas in 2013-2014, by hotel rating
- Rental prices of offices & warehouse spaces per sqft, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- License setup & renewal costs by business activity and company type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of changes in commercial property supply, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Commercials property vacancy rates, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key factors contributing to demand for business setup, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key challenges in setting up a business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the legal landscape, import tariff policies, workforce productivity, infrastructure set-up and the overall ease of doing business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Request for sample pages: https://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=482783
For more information:
- IT Market in GCC 2014-2018
- Diesel Gensets Market in GCC Countries 2014-2018
- GCC Construction Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018
- Geotextiles and Geogrids Market in UAE and GCC - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019
- GCC Unified Drug Prices Report
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understand...
Mar. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,335
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use c...
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,889
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, includin...
Mar. 1, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,432
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
Mar. 1, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,018
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of present...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,948
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applicatio...
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,381
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,170
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Feb. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,395
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Feb. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,139
Companies today struggle to manage the types and volume of data their customers and employees generate and use every day. With billions of requests daily, operational consistency can be elusive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho Technologies, will explore how a distributed systems solution, such as NoSQL, can give organizations the consistency and availability necessary to succeed with on-demand data, offering high availability at massive scale.
Feb. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,231
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, de...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,996
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,264
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,173
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
Feb. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,233
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,161