|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 07:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug) have announced the addition of the "Nasal Drug Delivery - Advances in Drug Therapies, Systemic Delivery and Device Technologies (Conference, London)" conference to their offering.
The Nasal Drug Delivery Conference will take place on the 3rd & 4th April 2014 at the Rembrandt Hotel, London
THREE REASONS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
- Gain an update on the very latest scientific developments and technology advances in this field.
- Hear from an unrivaled panel of expert speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity to build business relationships.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managing Directors, Medical Directors, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Senior Executives in Research and Development, Registration, Marketing and all departments that may be involved in Nasal Drug Delivery, or who wish to understand the potential of this alternative therapeutic route. Those already involved in Nasal Drug Delivery will benefit from updating their knowledge and sharing experiences with some of the leading practitioners in this field. If you are involved in Nasal Drug Delivery or are just considering the potential, this conference is an excellent route to understanding all aspects from the basic physiology through to launching a successful product.
CHAIRPERSON: Dr Rene Bommer
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Prof. Michael S Benninger
3 & 4 April 2014
3 April 2014: Start 09.30 - Finish 17.30
Drinks Reception: Start 17.30 - Finish 18.30
4 April 2014: Start 09.15 - Finish 16.30
REGISTRATION & COFFEE
3 April 2014 09.00
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
The Rembrandt Hotel, 11 Thurloe Place, London SW7 2RS
Opposite V&A Museum. Nearest underground station: South Kensington.
NOTE: Events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged
Key Topics Covered:
DAY ONE - 3 April 2014
09.30 u Chairman's Welcome and Introduction
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 1: Advances in Drug Therapies: State of the Art
09.45 u Nasal Drugs to Treat Nasal Disorders; A Comprehensive Review
- Anatomy and physiology
- Nasal disorders
- Treatment options and future prospects to treat allergic and non-allergic Rhinitis
- Rhinosinusitis and Polyps
Professor Michael S. Benninger, Chairman, The Head and Neck Institute, Professor of Surgery, Lerner College of Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, USA
10.45 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
Session 2: Progress in Local and Systemic Nasal Drug Delivery
11.30 - Particulate Systems for Nasal (Vaccine) Delivery
- Literature review on particulate systems for nasal delivery
- Nanoparticulate systems for direct uptake
- Particle requirements for nasal deposition
- Modification of particle surface/particle engineering
- Formulation design
- Implications in nasal vaccine development
Dr Regina Scherliess, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Germany
12.10 - Antiviral Polymers - A Novel Concept of Intranasal Therapy Against Respiratory Viruses
- Marinomed has developed a technology for creating a protective physical barrier in the nasal cavity with antiviral polymers for the prevention and therapy of common cold and influenza
- Independent clinical trials in adults and children demonstrated that the intranasal administration of Iota-Carrageenan significantly reduced the time to disease clearance of patients with common cold and decreased the virus load in nasal lavages
- The existing product portfolio will be expanded and the new developments focus on combination products for the treatment of influenza and the prevention of virally-induced exacerbations in allergic patients
Dr Angelika Bodenteich, Head of Development, Marinomed Biotechnologie, GmbH, Germany
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Nasal Drug Delivery - The Technology Whose Potential Has Not Yet Been Valorised
- Current technologies for nasal drug delivery
- Nasal application for unmet medical needs
- Factors affecting bioavailability and response after nasal application
- Symbiosis of formulation and device
- Identification of potential obstacles in product development
Dr Claudia Mattern, Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University, US-FL, Chief Scientific Officer, M & P Pharma AG, Switzerland
Session 3: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies
14.40 - Review of Nasal Drug Delivery Devices
- Business aspects
- Device technologies and nasal delivery systems
- Regulatory aspects
- Nasl spray characterisation
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
15.20 - Discussion
15.30 - Tea
16.00 - New Trends in Nasal Delivery with Dry Powder Formulations
- Dry powder formulations represent attractive alternatives to liquid formulations
- Systemic delivery via the nasal cavity, including pain treatments and also intra-nasal vaccination, are being investigated and developed with dry powder formulation because it offers a number of benefits like thermal and microbiologic stability and the variability of the physico-chemical properties
- Regulatory Aptar pharma offers a line of disposable primeless devices designed specifically for liquid and for dry powder formulations
- Opportunities and case studies using our Unit Dose Powder, Single Dose Device technology platform
Holger Kehrer, Business Support Manager, Aptar pharma, France
16.40 - Update on Advancia: Innovative Design Solution to Respond to New Challenges in Nasal Delivery
- Recent trends in nasal spray delivery
- Compliance, efficiency, convenience and ease of use of nasal delivery devices
- Regulatory requirement changes for nasal delivery requiring next generation devices
Pascale Farjas, Global Category Manager, Rexam Healthcare, France
17.20 - Discussion
17.30 - Close of Day One
17.30 - 18.30 Drinks Reception for Delegates and Speakers
DAY TWO - 4 April 2014
09.15 - Chairman's Review of Day One
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 4: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies (continued)
09.30 - Current Nasal Powder Technologies: The Challenge of Powder Dosing
- Dosing requirements (dosing range, target to be filled, powder properties)
- Overview dosing systems (design, functionality)
- Examples of filling equipment (developmental equipment)
- Systems for fill weight verification (IPC, PAT,..)
Marco Laackmann, Division Leader, Inhalation, Harro Höfliger, Germany
10.10 - Addressing Technical Barriers in Nasal Dry Powder Delivery
- Patient / user needs - clinical trials, comfort, understanding
- Device requirements - materials, regulatory, risks
- Formulation requirements - dosage, residence time, stability
- Product performance - deposition, particle size distribution, plume geometry, shelf life
- Commercialisation - competition, cost, IP, market need, regulatory acceptance, USP
Ian Harrison, Chief Scientific Officer, Alchemy Pharmatech, UK
10.50 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
11.30 - How Technology Can be Used to Enhance our Understanding of User Behaviour and Influence the Way we Conduct User Research
- Social Intelligence for greater product understanding
- Gaining access to the right study participants
- Field research from your desk
- Quantifying human performance
- Seeing through our users eyes
- Understanding emotional responses and states of mind
Miranda Newberry, Human Factors Consultant, PA Consulting, UK
12.10 - A Platform Approach to Developing Patient Oriented Drug Delivery Systems and Products
- This approach to the development of drug delivery technology solutions is unconventional, risky and offers tremendous potential for developing drug/device combination products that deliver unparalleled value to both the patient and the manufacturer
- This well-executed platform based approach seeks to reduce the complexity of developing new combination products without sacrificing innovation
- Progress of Mystic's drug delivery platform solutions, its capabilities, applications and the benefits for patients and Pharma/biotech manufacturers
Timothy Sullivan, President & CEO, Mystic Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA (invited)
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
Session 5: Regulatory Requirements
14.00 - EU Regulatory Requirements
- Differences between pulmonary and nasal requirements
- Bio-equivalence Representative from a Regulatory Agency, (invited)
14.40 - Discussion
Session 6: Business and Intellectual Property (IP) in Nasal Systemic Drug Delivery
14.50 - Choosing the Best Way to Finance Your Company
- First: get the business model right
- Starting out - is there easy money?
- Angels vs Dragons
- Dilutive vs non-dilutive financing
- Financing through partnering
- Planning an exit - IPO vs Trade Sale
Finton Walton, CEO, Pharma Ventures, UK
15.30 - R&D Collaborations for Drug Delivery: Legal and Contractual Issues
- The different priorities of universities, start-ups and major companies
- Benefits of term sheets / letters of intent and how to use them
- Defining the scope of the collaboration: work, field, etc.
- IP ownership and licences
- Other legal issues
Mark Anderson, Solicitor, Anderson Law LLP, UK
16.10 u Discussion
16.20 u Chairman's Concluding Remarks
16.30 u Close of Conference and Tea
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 19, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 906
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 19, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,847
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 878
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,143
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 02:30 PM EST Reads: 876
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
Dec. 18, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,040
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 916
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,119
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,249
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,803
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,075
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,891
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,836
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,639