|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 07:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug) have announced the addition of the "Nasal Drug Delivery - Advances in Drug Therapies, Systemic Delivery and Device Technologies (Conference, London)" conference to their offering.
The Nasal Drug Delivery Conference will take place on the 3rd & 4th April 2014 at the Rembrandt Hotel, London
THREE REASONS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
- Gain an update on the very latest scientific developments and technology advances in this field.
- Hear from an unrivaled panel of expert speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity to build business relationships.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managing Directors, Medical Directors, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Senior Executives in Research and Development, Registration, Marketing and all departments that may be involved in Nasal Drug Delivery, or who wish to understand the potential of this alternative therapeutic route. Those already involved in Nasal Drug Delivery will benefit from updating their knowledge and sharing experiences with some of the leading practitioners in this field. If you are involved in Nasal Drug Delivery or are just considering the potential, this conference is an excellent route to understanding all aspects from the basic physiology through to launching a successful product.
CHAIRPERSON: Dr Rene Bommer
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Prof. Michael S Benninger
3 & 4 April 2014
3 April 2014: Start 09.30 - Finish 17.30
Drinks Reception: Start 17.30 - Finish 18.30
4 April 2014: Start 09.15 - Finish 16.30
REGISTRATION & COFFEE
3 April 2014 09.00
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
The Rembrandt Hotel, 11 Thurloe Place, London SW7 2RS
Opposite V&A Museum. Nearest underground station: South Kensington.
NOTE: Events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged
Key Topics Covered:
DAY ONE - 3 April 2014
09.30 u Chairman's Welcome and Introduction
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 1: Advances in Drug Therapies: State of the Art
09.45 u Nasal Drugs to Treat Nasal Disorders; A Comprehensive Review
- Anatomy and physiology
- Nasal disorders
- Treatment options and future prospects to treat allergic and non-allergic Rhinitis
- Rhinosinusitis and Polyps
Professor Michael S. Benninger, Chairman, The Head and Neck Institute, Professor of Surgery, Lerner College of Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, USA
10.45 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
Session 2: Progress in Local and Systemic Nasal Drug Delivery
11.30 - Particulate Systems for Nasal (Vaccine) Delivery
- Literature review on particulate systems for nasal delivery
- Nanoparticulate systems for direct uptake
- Particle requirements for nasal deposition
- Modification of particle surface/particle engineering
- Formulation design
- Implications in nasal vaccine development
Dr Regina Scherliess, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Germany
12.10 - Antiviral Polymers - A Novel Concept of Intranasal Therapy Against Respiratory Viruses
- Marinomed has developed a technology for creating a protective physical barrier in the nasal cavity with antiviral polymers for the prevention and therapy of common cold and influenza
- Independent clinical trials in adults and children demonstrated that the intranasal administration of Iota-Carrageenan significantly reduced the time to disease clearance of patients with common cold and decreased the virus load in nasal lavages
- The existing product portfolio will be expanded and the new developments focus on combination products for the treatment of influenza and the prevention of virally-induced exacerbations in allergic patients
Dr Angelika Bodenteich, Head of Development, Marinomed Biotechnologie, GmbH, Germany
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Nasal Drug Delivery - The Technology Whose Potential Has Not Yet Been Valorised
- Current technologies for nasal drug delivery
- Nasal application for unmet medical needs
- Factors affecting bioavailability and response after nasal application
- Symbiosis of formulation and device
- Identification of potential obstacles in product development
Dr Claudia Mattern, Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University, US-FL, Chief Scientific Officer, M & P Pharma AG, Switzerland
Session 3: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies
14.40 - Review of Nasal Drug Delivery Devices
- Business aspects
- Device technologies and nasal delivery systems
- Regulatory aspects
- Nasl spray characterisation
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
15.20 - Discussion
15.30 - Tea
16.00 - New Trends in Nasal Delivery with Dry Powder Formulations
- Dry powder formulations represent attractive alternatives to liquid formulations
- Systemic delivery via the nasal cavity, including pain treatments and also intra-nasal vaccination, are being investigated and developed with dry powder formulation because it offers a number of benefits like thermal and microbiologic stability and the variability of the physico-chemical properties
- Regulatory Aptar pharma offers a line of disposable primeless devices designed specifically for liquid and for dry powder formulations
- Opportunities and case studies using our Unit Dose Powder, Single Dose Device technology platform
Holger Kehrer, Business Support Manager, Aptar pharma, France
16.40 - Update on Advancia: Innovative Design Solution to Respond to New Challenges in Nasal Delivery
- Recent trends in nasal spray delivery
- Compliance, efficiency, convenience and ease of use of nasal delivery devices
- Regulatory requirement changes for nasal delivery requiring next generation devices
Pascale Farjas, Global Category Manager, Rexam Healthcare, France
17.20 - Discussion
17.30 - Close of Day One
17.30 - 18.30 Drinks Reception for Delegates and Speakers
DAY TWO - 4 April 2014
09.15 - Chairman's Review of Day One
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 4: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies (continued)
09.30 - Current Nasal Powder Technologies: The Challenge of Powder Dosing
- Dosing requirements (dosing range, target to be filled, powder properties)
- Overview dosing systems (design, functionality)
- Examples of filling equipment (developmental equipment)
- Systems for fill weight verification (IPC, PAT,..)
Marco Laackmann, Division Leader, Inhalation, Harro Höfliger, Germany
10.10 - Addressing Technical Barriers in Nasal Dry Powder Delivery
- Patient / user needs - clinical trials, comfort, understanding
- Device requirements - materials, regulatory, risks
- Formulation requirements - dosage, residence time, stability
- Product performance - deposition, particle size distribution, plume geometry, shelf life
- Commercialisation - competition, cost, IP, market need, regulatory acceptance, USP
Ian Harrison, Chief Scientific Officer, Alchemy Pharmatech, UK
10.50 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
11.30 - How Technology Can be Used to Enhance our Understanding of User Behaviour and Influence the Way we Conduct User Research
- Social Intelligence for greater product understanding
- Gaining access to the right study participants
- Field research from your desk
- Quantifying human performance
- Seeing through our users eyes
- Understanding emotional responses and states of mind
Miranda Newberry, Human Factors Consultant, PA Consulting, UK
12.10 - A Platform Approach to Developing Patient Oriented Drug Delivery Systems and Products
- This approach to the development of drug delivery technology solutions is unconventional, risky and offers tremendous potential for developing drug/device combination products that deliver unparalleled value to both the patient and the manufacturer
- This well-executed platform based approach seeks to reduce the complexity of developing new combination products without sacrificing innovation
- Progress of Mystic's drug delivery platform solutions, its capabilities, applications and the benefits for patients and Pharma/biotech manufacturers
Timothy Sullivan, President & CEO, Mystic Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA (invited)
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
Session 5: Regulatory Requirements
14.00 - EU Regulatory Requirements
- Differences between pulmonary and nasal requirements
- Bio-equivalence Representative from a Regulatory Agency, (invited)
14.40 - Discussion
Session 6: Business and Intellectual Property (IP) in Nasal Systemic Drug Delivery
14.50 - Choosing the Best Way to Finance Your Company
- First: get the business model right
- Starting out - is there easy money?
- Angels vs Dragons
- Dilutive vs non-dilutive financing
- Financing through partnering
- Planning an exit - IPO vs Trade Sale
Finton Walton, CEO, Pharma Ventures, UK
15.30 - R&D Collaborations for Drug Delivery: Legal and Contractual Issues
- The different priorities of universities, start-ups and major companies
- Benefits of term sheets / letters of intent and how to use them
- Defining the scope of the collaboration: work, field, etc.
- IP ownership and licences
- Other legal issues
Mark Anderson, Solicitor, Anderson Law LLP, UK
16.10 u Discussion
16.20 u Chairman's Concluding Remarks
16.30 u Close of Conference and Tea
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
"Ulunsoft is a start-up that focuses on how enterprises build cloud-based IT infrastructure for business," explained Haibo Zhu, President of Ulunsoft Corp, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,408
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
Jun. 3, 2015 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,321
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,414
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jun. 3, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,456
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jun. 3, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
"SOASTA built the concept of cloud testing in 2008. It's grown from rather meager beginnings to where now we are provisioning hundreds of thousands of servers on a daily basis on behalf of customers around the world to test their applications," explained Tom Lounibos, CEO of SOASTA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,493
SYS-CON Events announced today that SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SUSE provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help ...
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,271
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are ra...
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 825
"We have developers who are really passionate about getting their code out to customers, no matter what, in the shortest possible time. Operations are very focused on procedures and policies," explained Stan Klimoff, CTO of Qubell, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,050
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,739
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developmen...
Jun. 3, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,433
“Will Jaya is a direct source for server integration and storage solutions. If you are looking for any specific configurations for a project we can help you configure based on your needs and requirements," explained Netty Goya, CEO of Will Jaya, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,592
"SendGrid sends about 15 billion emails a month and process all the events associated with that, about a trillion events a year," explained Aaron Beach, Senior Data Scientist at SendGrid, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 863
Health care systems across the globe are under enormous strain, as facilities reach capacity and costs continue to rise. M2M and the Internet of Things have the potential to transform the industry through connected health solutions that can make care more efficient while reducing costs. In fact, Vodafone's annual M2M Barometer Report forecasts M2M applications rising to 57 percent in health care and life sciences by 2016. Lively is one of Vodafone's health care partners, whose solutions enable o...
Jun. 3, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,979
“Connect2Me is basically a game changer in the IoT industry. We have created IoT connecter middleware that can enable a connection to any kind of device," explained Yasser Khan, CTO of Connect2Me, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,135