|By Marketwired .||
|March 16, 2014 02:51 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 03/16/14 -- ALIBABA IPO: Exclusive New Details - leading private-companies research firm PrivCo confirms with sources close to China Internet giant ALIBABA's record-breaking IPO plans that the following are likely to be announced imminently:
- IPO TO LIST IN THE U.S.: "Now 100% certain," in blow to orig. front-runner Hong Kong
- STOCK EXCHANGE: The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) favored to beat out the Tech-Heavy NASDAQ
- IPO SIZE: $20 BILLION (Largest IPO In History)
- ALIBABA IPO VALUATION: $150 BILLION (Also New Record)
- BANKERS: 6 Firms Now In Line to Co-Lead Historic IPO: GOLDMAN SACHS, MORGAN STANLEY, CITIGROUP, JP MORGAN, CREDIT SUISSE & DEUTSCHE BANK. (An underwriting syndicate led by all 6 banks would be an "IPO dream team" given their complementary strengths, PrivCo's analysis concludes.)
- IPO LAW FIRM: SIMPSON THACHER (the elite New York law firm)
- VALUATION MULTIPLES (PrivCo Analysis): 22x Revenue and a P/E Ratio of 54 (PrivCo Data on ALIBABA's Internal Financials)
- "While the $150 Billion IPO valuation for ALIBABA might give some investors vertigo at first glance, PrivCo data concludes that 22x Revenue and a P/E of 54 is actually in line with other recent Internet IPOs," says PrivCo Founder & CEO Sam Hamadeh, an IPO expert and corporate finance lawyer.
- "THIS IS A BIG WIN FOR THE U.S. Over Hong Kong, and a welcome boost for Wall Street and for New York's financial sector," Hamadeh adds.
FULL ANALYSIS OF ALIBABA IPO: http://bit.ly/1hpjmWf
ALIBABA Private Financials, Key Metrics, Major Acquisitions: PrivCo Private Company Report: ALIBABA INC. http://bit.ly/PG36bP
PrivCo is the leading provider of private-company financial data & independent research on 250,000+ private-companies and 100,000+ private-company transaction details, including: IPOs, private company mergers & acquisitions, private-equity, venture capital transactions.
Topics: Alibaba, Alibaba Group, Jack Ma, IPOs, Taobao, Internet companies, technology, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Simpson Thacher, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Wall Street
Sam Hamadeh, Esq., J.D., M.B.A.
PrivCo Founder & CEO