|By Business Wire||
|March 17, 2014 07:01 AM EDT||
Flatirons Solutions is pleased to present a case study with American Airlines on mobility in maintenance operations for civil aviation at the MRO & Operations IT Conference - Americas. Paul Saunders, solutions manager for aviation mobility at Flatirons Solutions, and Blair Gregg, managing director of Technical Systems Strategy for Maintenance & Engineering at American Airlines, will discuss American’s deployment of more than 1,700 Android and iPad tablets equipped with the TechSight/X Mobile IETP to technicians stationed around the globe. The presentation takes place Tuesday, March 18, from 2:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Miami.
Originally adopted by pilots, tablet devices are making their way into other areas of civil aviation, such as maintenance operations. (Photo: Business Wire)
Gregg and Saunders will discuss:
- The driving factors behind American’s mobile line maintenance program
- Why American selected the Android platform
- How American deployed tablets to hundreds of line technicians
- What the organization expects to achieve through use of tablets equipped with TechSight/X Mobile IETP to create Mobile Knowledge Centers
- Feedback from mechanics and regulators on the use of tablets for engineers
- How American is moving toward paperless operations
The case study demonstrates how Flatirons Solutions continues to further its mission to help aircraft operators, maintenance, repair, and overhaul organizations (MROs), and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) adopt electronic solutions for aircraft service lifecycle management so they can reduce dependency on paper-based systems.
By managing the entire aviation service lifecycle electronically, the mobile paperless solution for technical publications, job cards, and records management improves labor productivity, increases dispatch rates, reduces heavy maintenance span time, and helps to ensure real-time airworthiness compliance.
For more information about the presentation, visit http://www.techsightx.com/more/events/mro-operations-americas/.
- What: American Airlines Tablet/Mobile Case Study
- When: Tuesday, May 18, 2014
- Where: MRO & Ops IT America, Hyatt Regency, Miami, FL
- Event Information: http://www.aircraft-commerce.com/conferences/Miami2014/Home.asp
About Flatirons Solutions
Flatirons Solutions (www.flatironssolutions.com) provides consulting, technology, and outsourcing for content lifecycle management. For more than 20 years, it has served global Fortune 1000 customers in aerospace, automotive, electronics, financial services, government, healthcare, and publishing. Its customer engagements help organizations efficiently deliver the right information, at the right time, to the right people by leveraging structured content and digital media, turning content in to knowledgeTM. Flatirons Solutions operates from offices in Asia, Europe, and the United States and is headquartered in Irvine, California.