|By PR Newswire||
|March 17, 2014 12:53 PM EDT||
LONDON, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Natlata Partners Limited ("Natlata"), the private investment company that is the largest single shareholder in Petroneft Resources PLC ("Petroneft" or "the company") (AIM: PTR) is surprised by the Funding & Operations Update that was announced this morning by Petroneft.
On 11th March 2014 Natlata delivered a requisition for an Extraordinary General Meeting ("EGM") to be convened to give shareholders the opportunity to consider the replacement of five members of the existing board and give directions to the board to:
- investigate why Petroneft has not performed as it should (so this can be rectified for the future); and
- consider all possible options in relation to the refinancing of the loan due from Petroneft to Macquarie Bank Limited (the "Macquarie Facility"); and
- require shareholder approval for the farm out of Licence No. 61.
Over the past year we have made a number of financing proposals to Petroneft, in both writing and at a number of meetings, which we believe are in the interests of all shareholders. All have been rejected or made dependent on unrealistic conditions. Our latest proposal in January 2014 was rejected without any discussions. In the meantime the significant underperformance of Petroneft has continued. We consider that such measures that have been proposed by the existing management to address this will only cause further damage to Petroneft and its prospects.
We were surprised that no mention of the EGM requisition was made in today's announcement. We therefore ask the Board of Directors of Petroneft to clarify:
- Were the subscribers to the Placing made aware of the fact that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Was Arawak Energy made aware that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Has Macquarie Bank Limited been informed of the EGM requisition?
- Has "the large international oil and gas company" who is considering the farm out of Licence 61 been informed about the EGM requisition?
- Why is the EGM requisition not even mentioned in today's announcement?
- Why was Natlata as the largest shareholder in Petroneft, with almost three times the size of holding of any other shareholder, not consulted in relation to the proposed Placing? Had Natlata been approached we would certainly have considered participating in the Placing, and this participation might have been at a price that was more in the interests of all shareholders.
- Why is the Company paying Macquarie $2.5 million ahead of the agreed repayment schedule ($650,000 per month) when the money is needed for operations and the farmout is almost completed?
- "Under the Macquarie agreement, the bank will have the right from 15 April 2014 to ask for Licence 61 to be put up for sale in its entirety in a competitive process (as well as their other normal rights as lender) if the farmout of Licence 61 is not completed at that date." Why is the Company not considering other refinancing options available? Why did the Company agree to put Licence 61 up for sale in April 2014 whilst the loan is to be repaid in May 2014?
- We note that today's announcement describes the current production figure of 2,400 bopd as an improvement, when as recently as 30th September 2013, production of 2,500 bopd was claimed. The 100 bopd production increase from 2,300 bopd in January to current 2,400 bopd, i.e. still below September level, is attributed to successful completion of several workovers. What is the oil flow rate of well Lineynoye No.9? Why is there no impact on production figures? When does the Company expect to put the well into production?
- The winter season in Tomsk region will be over in a couple of weeks. Does the Company have all contracts and money in place for all of the necessary supplies and equipment to be moved into place in time? Has the drilling contractor been selected?
Commenting on the announcement, Maxim Korobov, Natlata's controlling shareholder, said, "Today's announcement by Petroneft demonstrates once again that the board is not acting in the best interests of either the company or all its shareholders. We therefore feel that it is only right and proper that all shareholders are given the opportunity to consider an alternative direction for their company's future at an EGM, which we firmly believe will help to recreate and exceed the significant shareholder value that has been destroyed under the existing management."
About Natlata Partners Limited
Natlata Partners is a private investment company that seeks out investments with a focus on Russia and CIS countries that appear to be distressed or are at an early stage of development and which will clearly benefit from effective management and proven sector experience. For more information about Natlata and our investments please contact [email protected]
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,010
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Dec. 27, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,204
What do a firewall and a fortress have in common? They are no longer strong enough to protect the valuables housed inside. Like the walls of an old fortress, the cracks in the firewall are allowing the bad guys to slip in - unannounced and unnoticed. By the time these thieves get in, the damage is already done and the network is already compromised. Intellectual property is easily slipped out the back door leaving no trace of forced entry. If we want to reign in on these cybercriminals, it's hig...
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,876
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,976
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,849
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,723
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,460
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,956
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,702
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,792
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,371
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,529
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,947
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 7,183
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,146