|By Business Wire||
|March 18, 2014 01:30 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lvn4h8/diamond_materials) has announced the addition of the "Diamond Materials for Semiconductor Applications Report" report to their offering.
Despite the high costs of high-quality materials, a large number of players are involved in the 2013 diamond materials market and its largest segment - R&D activities. Two scenarios for 2013-2020 diamond material market growth are presented in the report. According to the base scenario, the diamond materials market for semiconductor devices will surpass $43M and will be represented mainly by heat spreaders used in high-power device thermal management.
Leading European and Japanese companies, especially those involved in the power electronic business are still quite conservative with regard to using diamond-based devices. This provides an opportunity for other companies, which may take leadership in this market segment and progressively develop their market share in power electronics by avoiding the direct competition within the established technologies.
Key features of the report
- Main diamond material applications in semiconductor devices (units, wafer or market volume)
- Different diamond materials, their characteristics and equipment and manufacturing processes
- 2013-2020 diamond material market forecast (in mm3 and in $M)
- Main R&D players, equipment makers, material suppliers and relationships within the value chain
- Technology roadmap (wafer size, applications)
- Company profiles of main players
Objectives of the report
- Guide short- and mid-term strategic decisions in the business, which is relatively small today, but has huge long-term market potential.
- Provide an overview of semiconductor applications in which diamond can provide a high proposition value regarding the device performance.
- Identify the most promising diamond materials for those applications and their manufacturing processes.
- Describe the key drivers for the development of diamond-based passive and active devices and to understand the specifics of diamond technology and its complexity compared to other semiconductor materials.
- Provide an overview of the main R&D players, equipment makers and materials suppliers.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Objectives of the report
3. Executive summary
5. Noteworthy news
6. Introduction to diamond material
7. Diamond applications in electronic devices
8. Diamond heat spreader
9. GaN on diamond
10. Cost of diamond materials
11. Diamond material market forecast
12. Diamond crystal and film growth
13. Diamond wafer fabrication from a single crystal
14. Diamond film growth
15. Supply chain
16. Diamond R&D and technology roadmap
17. Company and R&D institution profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lvn4h8/diamond_materials