|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 06:30 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
FOUR is delighted to announce its international Rising Star Awards, whereby four up-and-coming chefs from Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia & Australasia have been titled Rising Star 2014
Each region is headed up by an acclaimed judge; Andrea Petrini represents Europe; Alexandra Forbes represents Latin America; Mitchell Davies represents North America; Melinda Joe represents Asia & Australasia. Three regional panellists joined each judge, submitting a list of their selected 10 Rising Star chefs. Each list was submitted this year, crosschecked and whittled down to four names.
The Rising Stars
- Asia & Australasia winner: Zaiyu Hasegawa, Jimbocho Den
- North America winner: Sean Brock, Husk
- Latin America winner: Alberto Landgraf, Epice
- Europe winner: Agata Felluga, Jour de Fête
About Rising Stars Awards
Debuting this year, FOUR's Rising Stars Awards are a pioneering celebration of the up-and-coming talent within international fine-dining.
As well as the four judges, a panel of three others support the choice of rising star within each region. Each panellist has submitted a list of ten Rising Stars, which has been whittled down to produce a list of each region's four winning Rising Star chefs.
About Rising Stars Judges
- Andrea Petrini: Chairman of World's 50 Best, creative director of Cook it Raw, co-director of Paris des Chefs, and experienced food writer.
Panellists: Anna Morelli, Severin Corti, Mattias Kroon
- Alexandra Forbes: Brazil-born food and travel writer and food editor at GQ Brasil.
Panellists: Marcela Baruch, Ivanova Gambus, Dr. Luiz Kimura
- Mitchell Davis: Executive Vice President of James Beard Foundation, experienced food, restaurant and travel writer and cookbook author.
Panellists: Bonnie Stern, Andrew Knowlton, Kate Krader
- Melinda Joe: Tokyo-based food and drinks journalist, and contributor to CNNGo and Japan Times.
Panellists: Izumi Shibata, Michael Ryan, Poonperm Paitayawat
Rising Stars Criteria
- Chefs: aged 35 or under on 17 January 2014; in the position less than five years and in the region for at least two years (may not be natives).
- Panellists have visited restaurant within the last 12 months.
- The Rising Stars are determined by a points scheme. Each panellist gives chefs' points to determine their position.
Find out more at http://www.four-magazine.com/risingstars.
Contact Sophie Cater: