|By Marketwired .||
|March 19, 2014 01:13 PM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/19/14 -- QuestionPro.com, a provider of online survey and analytics tools, today announced the results of a new nationwide survey that shows that consumers are leveraging a host of new technologies and devices to meet their fitness objectives. According to the survey, 77 percent of respondents reported using some sort of health, fitness or nutrition app as a way to advance their overall health and nutrition levels. QuestionPro surveyed a cross-section of the American population in conjunction with March being National Nutrition Month.
"Technology is being integrated into nearly every facet of our lives and now we're seeing consumers incorporating a wide range of devices and apps to fulfill their goals of living a more healthy lifestyle," said Erik Koto, CEO of QuestionPro, Inc.. "The respondents in this survey demonstrate an increasing awareness around making healthy choices and we expect to see a new generation of fitness and nutrition related technology devices and applications become more fully integrated into the lives of consumers."
Among some of the other survey findings include:
- 77% of people use some sort of health/fitness/nutrition app
- 62% would have or consider having an implantable chip for preventive medicine (43% of those are conservative, compared to 72% liberal)
- Sugar is the most important area of nutrition people track (followed by fats/calories, then carbs)
- 95% of respondents do some sort of label reading to make healthier choices
- 90% of respondents report taking some kind of daily supplement
To view the complete survey results, visit: http://questionpro.com/s/1-2420494-3796441
QuestionPro is a leading provider of online survey software and premium respondent sample services that allows for fast and professional research. It services over 2.7 million users across 100 countries, including Fortune 100 companies, academic institutions, small businesses and individual DIY researchers.