|By PR Newswire||
|March 20, 2014 10:45 AM EDT||
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) announced today that it will be holding a webinar on Wednesday, March 26 at 9:30 a.m. to discuss Chapter 105 Water Obstructions and Encroachment General Permit processing updates.
The webinar will provide an overview of the recently updated Chapter 105 General Permit registration process and the registration documents that were revised as a result of the updates. The updates were made to address reporting needs and provide clarification for the overall registration process.
The webinar is geared toward, but not limited to, homeowners, developers, transportation engineers, mining operators and oil and gas operators.
These General Permits are pre-authorizations for a person or entity to conduct certain activities that impact Pennsylvania's waterways. To use a General Permit, a person or entity must register its use with DEP.
The Chapter 105 General Permits include:
- GP-1 Fish Habitat Enhancement Structures
- GP-2 Small Docks and Boat Launching Ramps
- GP-3 Bank Rehabilitation, Bank Protection and Gravel Bar Removal
- GP-4 Intake and Outfall Structures
- GP-5 Utility Line Stream Crossings
- GP-6 Agricultural Crossings and Ramps
- GP-7 Minor Road Crossings
- GP-8 Temporary Road Crossings
- GP-9 Agricultural Activities
- GP-10 Abandoned Mine Reclamation
- GP-11 Maintenance, Testing, Repair, Rehabilitation or Replacement of Water
Obstructions and Encroachments
- GP-15 Private Residential Construction in Wetlands
In order to obtain authorization under these General Permits, a person or entity must register use of the General Permits(s) appropriate for their project. The registration process is laid out by the Chapter 105 Water Obstructions and Encroachments General Permit Registration instructions, form and required attachments. Each of these updated documents will be reviewed during Wednesday's webinar.
Preregistration is required to participate in the webinar. To register, visit www.dep.state.pa.us, keyword search "Webinars."
The webinar will be recorded and posted on the DEP website for future viewing.
For more information, call 717-787-3411.
Media contact: Amanda Witman, 717-787-1323
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection