|By Marketwired .||
|March 20, 2014 05:00 PM EDT||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/20/14 -- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com) has helped Phoenix Manufacturing Inc. (PMI -- www.evapcool.com) meet its communication goals with a new Toshiba IPedge® IP-based business telephone system. Based in Phoenix, PMI is a designer, manufacturer, and distributor of evaporative cooling products designed for the comfort of residential and business environments. Incorporated in 1975, PMI has nearly 40 years of experience in business, serving the HVAC industry with a promise of delivering high-quality products and services.
"Toshiba's IPedge IP business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by helping us improve our unified communications capabilities with a system that literally is paying for itself with cost savings," said Ruth Roman, controller, Phoenix Manufacturing Inc.
The Challenge: Improve Customer Communication and Reduce Costs
Ruth Roman, PMI's controller, specified the company's communications objectives, which include:
- Improving internal and external communication;
- Providing a Unified Communications application to improve staff communication;
- Delivering Unified Messaging to deliver email, voice and fax messages to a single inbox;
- Creating a feature-rich contact center with call reporting, call recording and call management applications;
- Enabling the IT team to handle some of its own system administration to save time and money; and
- Providing a reliable business telephone system that is affordable while delivering cutting-edge technology features with a fast return on investment.
Chris Corbett, president of Authorized Toshiba Dealer Cortel Communications (www.CortelCom.com) based in Phoenix, recommended Toshiba's IPedge. "We recommended Toshiba's IPedge because we knew it would exceed PMI's objectives," he said.
The Solution: Toshiba's IPedge Delivers Affordable, Reliable IP Telephony
Installed and serviced by Cortel Communications, PMI's new business telephone solution consists of:
- IPedge EC IP business telephone system to serve four buildings across the 12-acre facility;
- 76 Toshiba IP5000 series IP telephones;
- Jabra wireless headsets for mobile workers;
- Toshiba's Call Manager unified communications solution;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email, voice and fax messages; and
- Toshiba contact center solution, which includes Toshiba ACD, TASKE reporting and OAISYS Tracer call recording;
- Integration with a DoorKing gate telephone at the rear entry of the main Phoenix warehouse as well as a CyberData door phone at the front door for added security; and
- Enterprise Manager for simple, browser-based administration and remote management.
Result #1: Call Manager UC Application Improves Staff Communication
Using Toshiba's Call Manager Unified Communications application, PMI's staff has been able to improve their communication by using UC features, including call-handling capabilities such as Click-to-Dial from their database; Presence to see staff availability; Chat instant messaging for quick, internal communication; tracking calls; and taking notes on a call.
Result #2: Affordable, Richly Featured System Improves Communication
Toshiba's IPedge met PMI's requirement for an affordable, richly featured business telephone system that helped improve communication both internally and externally. Toshiba's ACD with TASKE reporting and OAISYS® Tracer call recording help keep customer service at its optimal level. As well, Unified Messaging helps users stay connected with all email, voice mail and faxes coming into a single inbox accessible from their desk phones or smartphones.
Result #3: Enterprise Manager for Browser-based, Remote Administration
With Toshiba's browser-based Enterprise Manager, the IT manager can remotely make moves, adds, changes and global updates to all the IP telephones on the IPedge systems quickly and easily.
Bottom Line: Toshiba's IPedge Improves Communication While Handling 35,000 Calls per Month
Toshiba's IPedge IP business telephone system exceeded PMI's communications objectives, including greatly improving staff communication by using Toshiba's Call Manager Unified Messaging application while delivering a fast return on investment by eliminating costly telephone lines and implementing a fully IP-based business telephone system.
Bottom-line benefits include:
- Smooth handling of 35,000 calls per month;
- Improved staff communication with Unified Communications application;
- Time savings with unified messaging capabilities;
- Assurance that virtually every incoming call is intelligently distributed to be answered by a live person using Toshiba's ACD solution;
- Improved telephone customer and supplier service by using OAISYS Tracer call recording for training and agent performance reviews;
- Ability to add and easily move IP telephones and systems as the company grows; and
- Cost savings by moving to an affordable IP system with a fast return on investment.
"With Toshiba's IPedge, PMI's users are empowered to communicate more effectively, be more efficient, and have greater access to their customers, partners and each other," said Corbett.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit www.telecom.toshiba.com.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2547765
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.