|By Marketwired .||
|March 25, 2014 08:48 PM EDT||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/25/14 -- RealtyTrac® (www.realtytrac.com), the nation's leading source for comprehensive housing data, today announced it has entered the tax, deed and mortgage data licensing business, making it the first new entrant in the business in more than a decade.
For years RealtyTrac has been licensing its proprietary foreclosure database of more than 20 million current and historical foreclosure records and local & environmental data available through Homefacts. Today, it launches a nationwide property-level dataset for tax, deed and mortgage records for U.S. parcels nationwide.
"For nearly 20 years RealtyTrac has been a market leader in B2B and B2C applications for comprehensive real estate data, and we are excited to expand our data footprint and continue our mission of bringing more data to more people," said Jamie Moyle, CEO at RealtyTrac. "We are expanding the horizons in every direction when it comes to leveraging real estate data for personal, business and policy decision-making.
"We will continue to grow our aggregation department even further to make more data available to our customers, but this was a big step," Moyle added. "RealtyTrac will bring the same creativity, flexibility and transparency to the market for tax, deed and mortgage data that it brought to the foreclosure data market more than 10 years ago and that it brought to the local and environmental data market two years ago with the acquisition of Homefacts."
Brian Mushaney hired to head up file licensing division
RealtyTrac also hired 28-year industry veteran Brian Mushaney to head up its rapidly growing file licensing division. Brian was previously with Lender Processing Services for 11 years as Senior Vice President of Sales within the Data Solution group and most recently was the Senior Executive with X1 Analytics.
"This move marks the first new entrant into data licensing since FNF purchased IDM Corporation in 2001," said Mushaney, who was hired as Executive Vice President of Data Solutions for RealtyTrac. "RealtyTrac now offers a third option to Value Added Resellers or licensees in the industry. The main difference is our lack of channel or client-specific conflict with our potential license partners. We look to be a business partner and enable our partners with the data that is the foundation to making smart business decisions.
"Whether customers desire a bulk file license, custom API or a more creative solution, RealtyTrac has the internal knowledge and expertise to quickly enable innovative new products that continue to challenge the status quo of buying, selling and analyzing real estate," Mushaney added.
"Just as RealtyTrac disrupted the hidden distressed market with its democratization of foreclosure data when I first joined the company nearly a decade ago, we now have the ability to be a positive disruptive force in the entire universe of housing information, in which there have been limited options to acquire and analyze record-level real estate data," said Richard Sawicky, Senior Director of Database Technology at RealtyTrac.
For more information on the new data and products available, go to http://data.realtytrac.com or call 800-913-0439.
New data available for licensing
The newly licensable dataset includes hundreds of fields of information for each property parcel nationwide, including the following:
- Sales transactions data
- History of sales transactions with details such as sales date, price, buyer, seller and foreclosure status at time of sale.
- Sales history in most areas goes back to the year 2000.
- Also includes deeds and conveyances that are non-arms length transactions.
- Detailed mortgage activity data
- Current open loans and position of those outstanding loans along with loan details such as originating lender, interest rate and loan type.
- Loan history in most areas goes back to the year 2000.
- Estimated market value (AVM) data
- Current and historical by month by property
- About 3 billion current and historical parcel-level market value snapshots are available.
- Property characteristics data
- Includes beds, baths, square footage, lot size, property type, year built and much more.
- Tax assessed value and history of property taxes levied.
- Ownership status (i.e. vacant, owner-occupied, non-owner occupied)
Existing data licensed by RealtyTrac
RealtyTrac's data licensing platform is proven and reliable, already delivering millions of foreclosure, neighborhood and environmental records to existing customers that include Fortune 500 companies, federal, state and local government agencies and many other businesses, both large and small.
- Pre-foreclosure data
- Default notices (NOD, LIS) and scheduled auctions notices (NTS, NFS)
- Available for both current and historical pre-foreclosure records
- Includes distressed loan details, foreclosure auction info, owner, trustee/attorney, lender/servicer information and occupancy status.
- Foreclosure completion data
- Bank repossessions (REO) and sales at foreclosure auction to third-party buyers.
- Available for both current and historical REO records
- Includes transfer value at foreclosure auction, beneficiary/buyer name and occupancy status.
- Distressed sales data
- Pre-foreclosure sales of homes in the foreclosure process (often short sales)
- Bank owned (REO) sales to third-party buyers, including multi-parcel transactions (bulk sales)
- Third-party foreclosure auction sales including buyer name and property occupancy status
- Local neighborhood and environmental data through Homefacts
- More than 20 local and neighborhood characteristics including school scores, crime rates, cost of living, drug labs, sex offenders, police stations and more
- Critical environmental factors including weather, air quality, polluters, earthquake and tornado risk, flood zones and more.
Existing aggregated reports derived from the record-level data
Below is a list of the most common reports delivered to customers by the RealtyTrac Data Solutions team. Myriad other reports are delivered to existing customers, and customized reports are always available upon request.
- Foreclosure activity
- Foreclosure inventory
- Foreclosure process and sale timelines
- Sales activity (distressed and non-distressed)
- Sales price trends (median and average price available)
- Investor purchases (institutional and individual)
- Cash purchases
- Flipping activity
About RealtyTrac Inc.
RealtyTrac is a leading supplier of U.S. real estate data, with nationwide parcel-level records for more than 125 million U.S. parcels that include property characteristics, tax assessor data, sales and mortgage deed records, Automated Valuation Models (AVMs) and 20 million active and historical default, foreclosure auction and bank-owned properties. RealtyTrac's housing data and foreclosure reports are relied on by the Federal Reserve, U.S. Treasury Department, HUD, numerous state housing and banking departments, investment funds as well as millions of real estate professionals and consumers, to help evaluate housing trends and make informed decisions about real estate.