|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 08:31 AM EDT||
Connected Data, the creator of Transporter, the world’s first peer-to-peer private cloud storage platform, today announces a developer program that simplifies and standardizes integration of third-party desktop and mobile applications with Transporter. Developers will now be able to provide direct access to Transporter from within their application and offer their customers a private cloud storage alternative with no monthly fees.
“The heightened awareness on cloud and privacy has resulted in a significant number of requests from developers for a simple way to integrate their apps with Transporter,” said CEO of Connected Data, Geoff Barrall. “To respond to this demand we have launched the Transporter Developer Program to streamline integration for developers and deliver the most popular business and productivity apps to our customers.”
The new program will offer both consumers and businesses a seamless way to privately store, share and access files from any device, directly from their favorite applications. A sample of the industry-leading productivity, business and security applications Connected Data is collaborating with are:
- hopTo: An innovator of a unique mobile productivity platform for smartphones and tablets
- PDFPen by Smile Software: Powerful PDF editing app for Mac, iPad, and iPhone
- PrintCentral by EuroSmartz: Flexible app for printing directly from iOS devices to any printer
- Scanner Pro by Readdle: Top business app that transforms iOS devices into portable scanners
- Trial Pad by Lit Software: Legal document management and presentation tool for iPad
“Our hopTo Mobile Productivity Platform enables greater productivity, by providing workers with anywhere, anytime access to applications and content by allowing workers to leave their PCs behind and be truly productive on their tablets,” said Eldad Eilam, President & CEO of hopTo. “As more and more users adopt hopTo’s platform and leave their PCs behind, it’s important to continue to provide convenient and secure options for storing their files. Integrating hopTo directly with Transporter will not only deliver a seamless experience for our users, but will also expand the list of storage options to include a level of privacy not available from the public cloud.”
To ensure the integration process goes smoothly and that app developers have all the tools and support they need, the Transporter Developer Program provides the following resources:
- Easy Setup: Platform-specific APIs make integration with Transporter quick and easy for developers to get their apps ported and released.
- Developer Portal: Available resources includes the feature-rich SDK, developer community, code samples and dedicated developer support through the Transporter Developer Network
- Marketing Support: All app developers will have the opportunity to gain exposure through promotional programs giving them global exposure to millions of potential customers
“Not only have we used the Transporter SDK to develop our own applications, but we’ve also spent months creating a core services layer that eliminates complexity and allows third-party apps to make simple, native calls,” said Dave Mendelson, CTO of Connected Data. “Combined with extensive documentation, sample code, a developer community and dedicated support infrastructure, we’ve worked hard to make integration as simple as possible for our partners.”
Interested developers can learn more about becoming a Transporter partner at www.filetransporter.com/app-developer.
About Connected Data
Connected Data, the creator of Transporter, the world’s first peer to peer private storage device is focused on providing elegantly designed solutions for consumers, professionals and businesses. Transporter devices allow customers to privately share and protect data at a fraction of the cost of fee based cloud services. The Connected Data team consists of the same professionals responsible for the popular Drobo storage array and the creation of the high performance BlueArc Silicon Server. Connected Data is privately funded and based in San Jose, California. For more information, visit www.connecteddata.com.