|By Marketwired .||
|March 31, 2014 03:12 PM EDT||
DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - March 31, 2014) - According to the American Household Credit Card Debt Statistics in January 2014, the average credit card debt per U.S. household is $15,270 and in total, Americans owe $856.9 billion in credit card debt. Although Americans are being more careful about saving since the start of the recession, it is clear that more work can be done to provide financial education. Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Dallas (CCCS) will be hosting 50 live and free webinars during Financial Literacy Month in April to help consumers become smart money managers.
"At CCCS, we have seen that Americans are still struggling to make ends meet and they do not know where to start when creating a budget," said Todd Mark, vice president of education for CCCS. "We are here to help consumers create achievable goals and coach them through meeting those goals and realizing financial success. By offering an array of classes during financial literacy month, we hope consumers can gain access to the financial education they need to get started saving."
Here is a sample list of webinars for April:
- April 8 at 9:30am - Expense Tracking with APPS
- April 8 at 7:00pm - Game Plan: Financial Traits of Successful People
- April 9 at 10:30am - Alternatives to Payday Loans
- April 9 at 4:00pm - Little Kids and Money
- April 9 at 9:00pm - Life After Foreclosure
- April 10 at 11:30am - Wheels You Can Afford: How to Buy a Car
- April 10 at 9:30pm - Surviving Financial Crisis
- April 11 at 1:30pm - Retirement 101: Knowing What You Will Need
- April 15 at 9:30am - Demystifying Reverse Mortgages
- April 16 at 12:00pm - Dumb Money Mistakes we Make With our Family
- April 21 at 7:00pm - The Psychology of Debt
- April 23 at 7:00pm - Student Loan Affordability
- April 25 at 10:00am - Surviving and Preventing Identity Theft
- April 29 at 9:30am - Interest Rates: Why Should I Care?
CCCS is also a nonprofit partner in the week-long financial education and awareness event Financial Fitness DFW (#ffdfw) from April 5-12, and will be participating in the April 5 Financial Fitness Fair in Dallas at the Nash Davis Recreation Center from 10am - 2pm. More information on FFDFW can be found at www.ffdfw.org.
About CCCS of Greater Dallas
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Dallas, Inc. is a nonprofit, community-based credit counseling and debt management service. Established in 1974, CCCS of Greater Dallas and its affiliate offices provide financial education and counseling to consumers in-person, by phone, or internet at seven locations in three states. CCCS is a HUD-approved housing counseling multi-state organization and serves as one of the seven counseling agencies supporting the 888-995-HOPE Hotline. CCCS is a proud service partner of the United Way or Metropolitan Dallas. The agency is also a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), the nation's largest and longest serving national nonprofit credit counseling network. To learn more about CCCS' free seminars or the agency's services, call 800-249-2227, visit www.cccs.net or become a fan of CCCS on Facebook to receive updates on agency events and offerings.
The following files are available for download: