|By PR Newswire||
|March 31, 2014 08:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fl4bmp/global_cell) has announced the addition of the "Global Cell Therapy Market & Pipeline Insight" report to their offering.
Research in cell therapy is transforming the future of medicine. As the life of a human being begins as a cell, these cells undergo a highly complex set of events and finally those few stems become capable of self-renewal and differentiation and develop into the specialized cells in the body. Cell therapy research also offers significant potential for restructuring the method of medical practice.
Over the past 3-5 years, a more complex therapeutic modality has been is emerging as cell therapies which have been developed to treat diseases which are not amenable to treatment with more classical pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical products. This market offers the promise of successfully regenerating damaged tissues and organs in the body by replacing the damaged tissue and/or by stimulating the body's own repair mechanisms to heal previously irreparable tissues. With their rising popularity, these therapies are becoming more cost effective and efficient.
The global market for cell therapy was valued at close to USD 2.5 Billion in 2012. With continuous advances and developments in this field of medicine, the global cell therapy market is expected to grow at a high rate of 20-22% to reach approximately USD 8 Billion by 2018. Several products and technologies of cell-based therapies are in the R&D pipeline are expected to enter the market during the forecast period, thus resulting in an increased growth rate.
It is most likely that the new improved technologies would revolutionize the area of bio-pharma and personalized medicine. Development of sophisticated automation devices for cell expansion and culture process for use in the treatment is one of the emerging trends of ACT market.
With the cell-based therapies growing by leaps and bounds, it is expected that the future years would witness significant advancements in technology in the cell therapy market. Increasing incidence of diseases along with lack of adequate effective treatment for these diseases is most likely to drive the cell therapy technology in developed and developing nations. Among the emerging trends of the global market, the most prominent one is the development of sophisticated automation devices for cell expansion and culture process which could be used in the treatment of life threatening diseases.
Global Cell Therapy Market & Pipeline Insight Report Highlights & Findings:
- Introduction to Cell therapy
- Global Cell Therapy Market Overview
- Global Cell Therapy Market Dynamics
- Cell Therapy Pipeline by Phase, Country & Target Indications
- Cell Therapy Drugs in Pipeline: More Than 200
- Highest Number of Drugs in Preclinical Stage: 73
- Number of Drugs in Phase I/II Stage: 35
- Key Market: US
- Majority Cell therapies For Cancer Treatment
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Cell Therapy
2. Global Cell Therapy Market Overview
3. Global Cell Therapy Market Dynamics
4. Cell Therapy Key Developments
5. Cell Therapy Pipeline by Phase, Country & Target Indications
6. Pancreatic Beta Cell Replacements Therapy Pipeline by Phase, Country & Target Indications
7. Dopaminergic Cell Replacements Therapy Pipeline by Phase, Country & Target Indications
8. Competitive Landscape
- Advanced Cell Technology
- California Stem Cell
- Celgene Corporation
- Fibrocell Science
- Stemedica Cell Technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fl4bmp/global_cell
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets