|By Business Wire||
|April 1, 2014 04:15 AM EDT||
ECI Telecom, a global provider of next-generation network solutions, announced today that its Native Packet Transport (NPT) platforms (NPT-1010, NPT-1020 and NPT-1200) are now Carrier Ethernet 2.0-certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF). Such certification is important for a variety of applications such as business services or wholesale Ethernet services, including Ethernet-based mobile aggregation. In addition, ECI has announced general availability of its new NPT-1010 and major upgrades for the NPT-1020.
- The NPT, best-in-class Carrier Ethernet and packet-transport family of platforms, addresses operators’ challenges when migrating to or building new packet transport and Carrier Ethernet networks (CEN). With multidimensional flexibility and unified multilayer management, the NPT platforms are optimized for the metro market to guarantee lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for the network’s entire lifecycle.
- The CE2.0 is the MEF’s new certification which guarantees compliance with the following new enhancements: expansions from three to eight services; multi-CoS with application-oriented performance objectives; interconnection through the integrated delivery of MEF-service attributes to allow ubiquitous deployment spanning multiple providers; and superior manageability.
- The NPT-1010, 1020 and 1200 were tested and certified for E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree and E-Access services.
- The new NPT-1010 is an extremely compact and intelligent demarcation device that supports an extensive range of Ethernet/MPLS services and applications, including LTE/4G backhauling, business services and triple-play services, with transport-like reliability, security and management.
- The NPT-1020 now features an optional upgrade from 10 Gbps of switching capacity to 60Gbps and addition of 10GE interfaces within the existing one rack unit (1U) device. This major upgrade addresses the growing demand for bandwidth in the metro access as well as the need for 10GE interfaces, driven by business services and LTE cell sites.
- Like all of ECI’s transport platforms, the NPT is managed by ECI’s LightSoft® network management system, for a unified multi-layer management system for MPLS, WDM and TDM. With GUI-based operation, operators’ packet transport networks are as easily managed as existing TDM-based transport networks, resulting in significant opex savings.
“CE2.0 is key to support the continuous adoption of Carrier Ethernet and
we are pleased to announce CE2.0 certification for the NPT platforms
which underscores our commitment to addressing our customers’ needs. The
NPT is a best-in-class Carrier Ethernet and Packet Transport solution,
combining packet flexibility and efficiency with transport reliability
and ease of operation, supporting advanced carrier Ethernet and packet
Alon Moshes, Head of Packet Transport Line of Business, ECI Telecom
Native Packet Transport (NPT) for Packet Transport Networks (PTN) (Family Brochure)
Launch into the Future with ECI’s NPT Packet Optical Access (Application Note)
NPT-1010 Managed Packet Transport Demarcation Device (Product Note)
NPT-1020 Access Packet Transport (Product Note)
NPT-1200 Metro Access Packet Transport (Product Note)
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
ABOUT ECI TELECOM
ECI Telecom delivers innovative communications platforms to carriers and service providers worldwide. ECI provides efficient platforms and solutions that enable customers to rapidly deploy cost-effective, revenue-generating services. Founded in 1961, Israel-based ECI has consistently delivered customer-focused networking solutions to the world’s largest carriers. The Company is also a market leader in many emerging markets. ECI provides scalable broadband access, transport and data networking infrastructure that provides the foundation for the communications of tomorrow, including next-generation voice, IPTV, mobility and other business solutions. For more information, visit www.ecitele.com.
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 31, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,834
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,048
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
SYS-CON Events announced today that SOA Software, an API management leader, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SOA Software is a leading provider of API Management and SOA Governance products that equip business to deliver APIs and SOA together to drive their company to mee...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,176
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,105
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, E...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,203
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,504
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,234