|By Business Wire||
|April 1, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW), a leading international provider of electronic payment and banking systems, today announced the winners of the 2014 ACI Excellence Awards. The fifth annual ACI Excellence Awards celebrate leading financial institutions, processors and retailers for innovative and transformative uses of ACI solutions to solve real-world customer and business issues.
ACI Excellence Award and Merit Recognition recipients were selected by a panel of judges comprised of ACI experts and leading global payments analysts from Aite Group, CEB TowerGroup and Celent. Winners were selected across ten categories and are based throughout the Americas, Asia/Pacific and EMEA. This year’s Excellence Award winners include:
- AGS Transact Technologies Ltd: Mobile Banking & Payments Excellence Award – In response to the changing relationship between banks and customers due to the rapid adoption of mobile phones, AGS Transact Technologies Ltd utilized ACI’s Postilion suite to design Card Maintenance through SMS, providing customers a host of mobile-based card services through SMS.
- DBS Bank: Innovator of the Year Excellence Award & Wholesale Payments Excellence Award – DBS developed its award-winning corporate internet and mobile banking payment platform, DBS IDEAL™ 3.0, with the help of ACI’s Universal Online Banker, providing customers with a single login to access account statements and securely initiate transactions on a real-time basis. To date, IDEAL serves over 162,000 corporate users in 104,000 institutions across Singapore, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Taiwan and the United Kingdom, and processes more than 40 million transactions annually.
- Dupont Community Credit Union: Online Banking Excellence Award – Three months after launching its online channel with both ACI’s Bill Payment and Architect Banking, 80 percent of the bank’s active account holders adopted the online channel for its flexibility and ease-of-use, far exceeding goals.
- Federal Bank Ltd: Customer Service Excellence Award – Federal Bank leveraged ACI’s BASE24 to develop its Card Online Management and Inquiry Tool (COMIT) service, which enables the bank to better address customer demand for managing card parameters.
- Interswitch: Retail Payments Excellence Award – Prior to the emergence of electronic payments in Nigeria, transactions were solely cash-based, posing significant financial implications and economic challenges to both businesses and individuals. Driven to solve these challenges and with ACI’s Postilion as an enabling technology, Verve was launched by Nigeria’s leading integrated payment processing and transaction switching company, Interswitch. With the introduction of the Verve Chip + PIN card, both individuals and organizations have adopted electronic payments for their everyday transactions, and over 20 million Verve cards have been issued in Nigeria. Verve is the country’s most dominant card brand with a growing 60 percent market share.
- Interswitch: Product & Services Innovation Excellence Award – Quickteller, built with ACI’s Postilion, is a Value Added Service (VAS) platform that provides customers convenient and secure access to vital services via Web, ATM and Mobile. Powered by the Interswitch network, Quickteller offers customers efficient services that include funds transfers, bill payments and airtime recharge, in addition to seamless online ticket purchase. Quickteller is Nigeria’s fastest growing lifestyle enabler brand.
- IndusInd Bank Limited: Operational Excellence Award – IndusInd Bank, which utilizes ACI’s BASE24, was recognized for three initiatives: Cash- on-Mobile service, which allows customers to withdraw or send money to a recipient by using only the recipient’s mobile number and allows the receiver to withdraw funds from any IndusInd Bank ATM without using any card; second, a service, which enables customers to change their ATM Pins via an Interactive Voice Response system; and third, Stop Cheque application, which streamlines the process through which customers can stop payment on checks.
- Lee County Electric Cooperative (LCEC): Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment Excellence Award – Lee County Electric Cooperative, which utilizes ACI’s Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP) Services, increased its convenient payment options from 2 to more than 20, leading to a 10 percent increase in customer satisfaction and millions in cumulative cost savings.
- TÜRK EKONOMİ BANKASI (TEB): Payments Fraud Excellence Award – As fraudsters develop new ways to unlawfully gain information about people and transactions, TEB, with the help of ACI’s Proactive Risk Manager, has worked to combat attacks while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and convenience.
This year’s Merit Recognition recipients include:
- First Data: Product & Services Innovation
- Maybank: Operational Excellence
- UKRCard: Operational Excellence
“The record number of Excellence Awards submissions we received this year exemplifies the rapidly-evolving global payments industry. On behalf of everyone at ACI, I want to extend congratulations to this year’s winners and finalists. They are achieving exceptional success for their organizations and many benefits for their customers,” said Craig Saks, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, ACI Worldwide. “All of these organizations demonstrate innovation—from advancements in online and mobile banking to fraud prevention to significant improvements in end-user experience and much more. We’re proud to call them our customers and look forward to their continued success.”
For a complete list of winners and finalists, alongside additional information on their implementations, please click here or visit our Excellence Awards page at http://www.aciworldwide.com/news-and-events/aci-excellence-awards/the-2014-winners.aspx.
About ACI Worldwide
ACI Worldwide, the Universal Payments company, powers electronic payments and banking for more than 5,000 financial institutions, retailers, billers and processors around the world. ACI software processes $13 trillion in payments and securities transactions for more than 250 of the leading global retailers, and 21 of the world’s 25 largest banks. Through our comprehensive suite of software products and hosted services, we deliver a broad range of solutions for payment processing; card and merchant management; online banking; mobile, branch and voice banking; fraud detection; trade finance; and electronic bill presentment and payment. To learn more about ACI, please visit www.aciworldwide.com. You can also find us on Twitter @ACI_Worldwide.
© Copyright ACI Worldwide, Inc. 2014.
ACI, ACI Payment Systems, the ACI logo and all ACI product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACI Worldwide, Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States, other countries or both. Other parties’ trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.
Product roadmaps are for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement. The development release and timing of future product releases remains at ACI’s sole discretion. ACI is providing the following information in accordance with ACI's standard product communication policies. Any resulting features, functionality, and enhancements or timing of release of such features, functionality, and enhancements are at the sole discretion of ACI and may be modified without notice. All product roadmap or other similar information does not represent a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision.
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 2,215
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,602
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,236
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,867
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 26, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,654
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 26, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,083
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 26, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,909
Dec. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,736
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 26, 2014 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,388
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 26, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,965
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 26, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,116
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 26, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,843
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 26, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,044
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Dec. 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,029
What do a firewall and a fortress have in common? They are no longer strong enough to protect the valuables housed inside. Like the walls of an old fortress, the cracks in the firewall are allowing the bad guys to slip in - unannounced and unnoticed. By the time these thieves get in, the damage is already done and the network is already compromised. Intellectual property is easily slipped out the back door leaving no trace of forced entry. If we want to reign in on these cybercriminals, it's hig...
Dec. 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,817