|By Business Wire||
|April 1, 2014 09:25 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xx297d/m2m_satellite) has announced the addition of the "M2M Satellite Communication Market 2014-2019 - Worldwide Market Forecast and Opportunities" report to their offering.
The global market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2014 to 2019
Machine-to-machine (M2M) connectivity is experiencing a huge growth in the satellite communication market. The M2M market represents an enormous opportunity for satellite industry players. Satellites cover the whole earth and can deliver communications anywhere, on land, sea, or in the air. There are still many areas of the planet that are not covered by the terrestrial communications, yet they require M2M connectivity. Satellites provide the ideal solution. However, when it comes to selecting technology in order to develop applications, there is a lot of reluctance regarding technology related to satellites because of the lack of penetration of satellite-based technologies.
In the M2M satellite communication market, very specialized technologies related to satellite communications are discussed which include satellite telemetry, very small aperture terminal (VSAT), and automatic identification system (AIS). The communication and network devices are very crucial for transfer of information to the end user. Satellite IP terminals enable to simultaneously send and receive information over the satellite networks. Satellite modems play an important role by establishing satellite internet connection. The services in the market comprise managed services, broadband services, and business services. The broadband satellite service helps in providing faster and effective M2M communications between devices.
Increasing adoption of M2M applications by individual users and enterprises, increasing data communication need, and high return on investment (ROI) in the industry are the major drivers for this market.
Scope of the Report
- Satellite Telemetry
- Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT)
- Automatic Identification System (AIS)
- Based on communication network devices, the M2M satellite communication market is segmented into the following categories:
- Satellite IP Terminal
- Satellite Modems
- Managed Services
- Broadband Services
- Business services
- Automobile and Telecommunication
- Transportation and Logistics
- Oil and Gas
- Energy and Utilities
- Public Affairs
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- M2M Satellite Communication: Market Size And Forecast By Technology
- M2M Satellite Communication: Market Size And Forecast By Communication Network Devices
- M2M Satellite Communication: Market Size And Forecast By Services
- Transportation Management: Market Size And Forecast By Verticals
- Transportation Management: Market Size And Forecast By Regions
- M2M Satellite Communication: Markets Landscape
- Company Profiles
- Globalstar, Inc
- Hughes Network System Llc
- Iridium Communications, Inc.
- Kore Telematics
- Orange Sa
- Rogers Communication,Inc
- Sprint Corporation