|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 10:30 AM EDT||
DENVER, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In a robust display of grassroots support, local governments throughout Colorado and Wyoming are declaring April Donate Life Month in their cities. These efforts are in support of the nationwide observance, National Donate Life Month, which honors the generosity of organ, eye and tissue donors and their families and commemorates all transplant recipients in the United States throughout the month of April.
In addition to making the formal proclamations about Donate Life Month, local governments from Pueblo, to Grand Junction, to Casper and in between are activating a variety of awareness-building activities in their communities. These governments are working in tandem with transplant recipients and donor families in their cities and Donor Alliance, the federally designated, non-profit organ procurement organization serving Colorado and most of Wyoming, to raise awareness of the lifesaving message of donation.
"This widespread, localized show of support bears witness to the impact donation and transplantation have locally. Our states also boast some of the highest rates of donation in the country, which is a testament to the generosity of Colorado and Wyoming residents," said Sue Dunn, president and CEO of Donor Alliance. "Nonetheless, more than 2,400 people in our states are still waiting for lifesaving transplants, so it is critical that we continue to speak out on the importance of the cause. We encourage citizens to look for the Donate Life Month activities in their local communities throughout April, and to consider giving the gift of life by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors."
The following Donate Life Month proclamations will take/have taken place throughout Colorado:
- Aurora, Colo.: Mayor Steve Hogan will name April "Donate Life Aurora Month" at a proclamation presentation at 11:30 a.m., April 1 at the Aurora Municipal Center. Supporting this city's activities is Aurora resident Anita Smith, a kidney recipient and Anthony Iheaka, a heart recipient.
- Eagle County, Colo: County Commissioners will name April "Donate Life Eagle County Month" at a proclamation presentation at 11 AM, April 1 at the Eagle County Building. Supporting this county's activities are Eagle County residents Susan Spiegel, the mother of a donor; Izzy Thompson, the wife of a donor; the Scriver donor family and the Brock donor family from Grand Junction.
- Federal Heights, Colo: The city's Board of Commissioners will name April "Donate Life Federal Heights Month" at a proclamation presentation at 7 p.m., April 1 at the Federal Heights City Hall Building. Dale Sparks, a recipient husband, donor father and former mayor of Federal Heights, spearheaded this proclamation.
- Grand Junction, Colo: Mayor Sam Susuras will present the "Donate Life Grand Junction Month" proclamation at the City Council meeting at 7 p.m., April 2 at Grand Junction City Hall. Debi Carson Youngerman, who received a lifesaving kidney transplant 25 years ago, will accept the proclamation with a group of donor families, recipients and representatives from Donor Alliance.
- Pueblo, Colo: City Council will name April "Donate Life Pueblo Month" at a proclamation presentation at 7 p.m., April 14 at the Pueblo City Hall. Supporting this city's activities are Pueblo residents Andrea Propst, who has a daughter on the transplant waiting list; Kenneth Garcia, the husband of a donor and Kiera Katton-Sena, the daughter of a transplant recipient.
- Brighton, Colo: City Commissioners will name April "Donate Life Brighton Month" at a proclamation presentation at 7 p.m., April 15 at the Brighton City Hall Council Chambers. Donor father and recipient husband Dale Sparks supported this city's activities.
- Northglenn, Colo: City Council named April "Donate Life Northglenn Month" at a proclamation presentation on March 10. Dale Sparks, donor father and recipient husband, supported this city's activities.
- Westminster, Colo: The City Council named April "Donate Life Westminster Month" at a proclamation presentation on March 24. Supporting this city's activities were Westminster residents Tiffany Pierce, a liver recipient; Joel Davis, an advocate for the cause and the Thompson donor family.
- Adams County, Colo: Adams County officials declared April "Donate Life Adams County Month" in a ceremony at the Adams County Municipal Building on Tuesday, March 25. Donor father, recipient husband and former major of Federal Heights Dale Sparks facilitated the proclamation request.
- Denver, Colo.: At the request of Denver residents Stephen Johnson, a kidney recipient and Robert Fettner, a heart recipient, Mayor Michael Hancock has proclaimed April as "Donate Life Denver Month."
- Colorado Springs, Colo.: The City Council has named April "Donate Life Colorado Springs Month." Supporting this city's activities are Colorado Springs residents Jon & Lori Driscoll, parents of a donor; Rita McCullough, recipient and wife of a donor and Mark & Gail Gallagher, parents of a donor.
The following Donate Life Month proclamations will take/have taken place throughout Wyoming:
- Powell, Wyo: At the request of Laura Kurtz, a local citizen whose daughter died waiting for a double lung transplant, the Powell City Council will vote on a Donate Life Month proclamation in the City Council Chambers of City Hall on April 7 at 7:00 p.m.
- La Barge, Wyo.: Mayor Larry Stepp declared April "Donate Life LaBarge Month" in a ceremony at the Town Hall on March 19 at the request of donor mother and tissue recipient Trish Studt.
- Casper, Wyo: At the request of local heart recipient Jason Wynia, Mayor Paul Meyer has declared it "Donate Life Casper Month."
In addition to the government proclamations, communities and businesses around the states are showing their support for the cause of organ, eye and tissue donation during April by flying Donate Life flags, hanging posters and banners, displaying window clings and distributing information to patrons.
Additionally, Friday, April 11th is National Blue & Green Day, a fun element of National Donate Life Month. Locally, Donor Alliance will hold a social media contest for residents, in which they can share photos of themselves wearing blue and green on the Donate Life Colorado and Donate Life Wyoming Facebook pages, or by using the #BlueandGreenColo and #BlueandGreenWyo hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. More information on how to participate and contest rules can be accessed at www.donoralliance.org/ndlm/national-blue-and-green-day-toolkit/.
Communities, governments or businesses interested in joining the Donate Life Month celebration can access a toolkit with helpful materials at http://www.DonorAlliance.org/ndlm. Donor Alliance asks residents to join the 68 percent of Coloradans and 59 percent of Wyoming citizens who have registered to be organ, eye and tissue donors. For more information about organ and tissue donation, please visit DonorAlliance.org. To register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor, please visit DonateLifeColorado.org, DonateLifeWyoming.org or call 303-329-4747 for more information.
About Donor Alliance
Donor Alliance is the federally-designated, non-profit organ procurement organization and an American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) accredited tissue bank serving Colorado and most of Wyoming. As a recognized leader in facilitating the donation and recovery of transplantable organs and tissues, Donor Alliance's mission is to save lives through organ and tissue donation and transplantation. To achieve this mission, Donor Alliance employs an effective family approach and recovery programs in more than 100 hospitals. Donor Alliance also inspires the public to register as organ and tissue donors through community partnerships, public outreach and educational campaigns throughout its donation service area. For more information visit the Donor Alliance website, or the Donate Life Colorado or Donate Life Wyoming Facebook pages.
SOURCE Donor Alliance
In high-production environments where release cycles are measured in hours or minutes — not days or weeks — there's little room for mistakes and no room for confusion. Everyone has to understand what's happening, in real time, and have the means to do whatever is necessary to keep applications up and running optimally. DevOps is a high-stakes world, but done well, it delivers the agility and performance to significantly impact business competitiveness.
Dec. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 898
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,035
ScriptRock makes GuardRail, a DevOps-ready platform for configuration monitoring. Realizing we were spending way too much time digging up, cataloguing, and tracking machine configurations, we began writing our own scripts and tools to handle what is normally an enormous chore. Then we took the concept a step further, giving it a beautiful interface and making it simple enough for our bosses to understand. We named it GuardRail after its function - to allow businesses to move fast and stay sa...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:30 PM EST Reads: 898
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,381
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,008
SYS-CON Media announced today that Sematext launched a popular blog feed on DevOps Journal with over 6,000 story reads over the weekend. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting an...
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 856
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,423
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,011
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,987
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,161
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,807
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,061
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 21, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,292
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are conf...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,000
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's