|By PR Newswire||
|April 2, 2014 07:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LucidWorks, the company transforming the way people access information, today announced LucidWorks SiLK, a search-driven analytics solution that enables organizations to cost-effectively analyze massive amounts of device, log and other time series data.
Built atop the power of Apache® Solr™, LucidWorks SiLK is a feature-rich user interface that runs atop LucidWorks Search and includes best-in-class tools, such as LogStash, Kibana and Flume, creating a highly reliable solution. LucidWorks SiLK also features LucidWorks' advanced security and ease of administration. With LucidWorks SiLK, organizations can perform analysis on large log files without investing in an expensive proprietary solution or struggling with inexpensive, but unproven software.
In addition, LucidWorks SiLK offers out-of-the-box monitoring capabilities, pre-fabricated reports, and analytics for log data. The solution includes all of the management and security capabilities available from LucidWorks and can integrate with and augment any existing Solr or LogStash deployment. This enables organizations to continue to grow their deployment of search-backed log analysis to the scale they require.
Log data holds tremendous promise to provide very deep insight across an organization, including IT operations, security analysis, business intelligence, fraud detection and more. To deliver on that promise, however, users need very quick, access and analysis, which becomes increasingly difficult as the amount of log data continues to skyrocket. LucidWorks SiLK now gives organizations the ability to quickly and cost-effectively aggregate, access and analyze their largest big data log files.
"With LucidWorks SiLK organizations no longer have to experiment with rolling their own solution by either cobbling together a series of un-supported open source tools or buying expensive proprietary offerings" said Will Hayes, Chief Product Officer at LucidWorks. "Instead, they can use the proven Lucene/Solr platform along with the tools they are already familiar with to deploy a top-tier solution to analyze their logs, device and other big data."
Key capabilities of LucidWorks SiLK include:
- Data Enrichment: Fields, tags and other meta-data can be extracted automatically to provide context and meaning to event data. Searches resulting in a mix of unstructured events and transactions can be easily transformed into simple rows and columns for easy ad-hoc analysis.
- Extensive Collection Capability: Whether data is sitting in log files on disk, coming across a network, or stored in a Hadoop cluster, LucidWorks SiLK provides a variety of ways to ingest it. LucidWorks SiLK also supports the visualization and inspection of non-temporal data including documents, email, database tables and more.
- Linear Scale: LucidWorks SiLK runs atop the scale and performance of Lucene/Solr, one of the most scalable and reliable search engines in the world. SolrCloud enables linear scale of LucidWorks Search allowing organizations to utilize commodity, virtualized or cloud resources in a cost effective manner.
"LucidWorks SiLK is now certified on Cloudera 5," said Tim Stevens, vice president of Business and Corporate Development at Cloudera. "We see strong demand for our platform as businesses increasingly deploy large scale data hubs in their environments. Through LucidWorks, our customers gain the ability to naturally access and interact with their data stored on Hadoop in new ways."
- Learn more about LucidWorks' enterprise-grade search development platforms at these industry events.
- Follow @LuceneSolrRev to find session content and get updates on our next event, or visit http://lucenerevolution.org/
- Join our conversations on Twitter @LucidWorks and Facebook
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog
- Read the latest information and views about Apache Lucene/Solr at http://www.SearchHub.org
About LucidWorks, Inc.
LucidWorks transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, LucidWorks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks' investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at http://www.lucidworks.com/.
LucidWorks and Lucene/Solr Revolution are registered trademarks of LucidWorks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.