|By Business Wire||
|April 2, 2014 10:18 AM EDT||
CrashSense, LLC, a telematics applications provider for the insurance industry, released their unique software application today. CrashSense™ available on both iOS and Android operating systems is offered as either a white label applications that can be branded for insurance companies, or as a customizable SDK that can be deployed within an insurance company's existing app.
Founder Joe McNeil said today: "With the recent cancellation Progressive Insurance’s UBI patents, the door is opened for anyone to adopt their own UBI methods. Everything now focuses on how data is collected – using the restrictive dongle, or our patent pending smart phone app that's more portable, wider reaching, and gathers superior data about driver behavior."
Additional information is available at www.CrashSense.com
CrashSense™, is a patent pending software application that uses a vehicle occupant's smart phone to monitor for car crashes and automatically report accidents to third parties such as emergency services, family or insurance companies. CrashSense software provides an automatic collision notification solution for millions of drivers through a ubiquitous device, the smart phone, and it does so without the use of specialized hardware or connection to the vehicle. The portability of smart phones that use the CrashSense technology also enables users to have crash detection safety when driving a car that's not their own, such as a rental vehicle, or when riding as a passenger in another driver's cars, such as teens who carpool to and from school. This software was developed entirely in house and thoroughly tested at a NHTSA Laboratory.
The application also detects and logs a variety of driving behavior with DriveSense such as trips time and length, speeds driven, rapid acceleration, hard braking, distracting use of the phone while driving, and other information about driver performance. Again, specialized hardware or direct connection to the vehicle isn’t required. Driver data can be used for everything from educating drivers on safer methods of driving to risk analysis and usage based insurance products. No personally identifying data is gathered by the application, all general data access is highly restricted, and all data is encrypted and securely stored at a world class facility - industry recognized as the most secure and technologically sophisticated data center facilities in the US.
• CrashSense™ can be offered as an SDK, allowing complete control of user interface by the insurance company offering these products.
• Individual features can be turned on/off based a variety of parameters, allowing insurers to select which data they would like to receive and from whom.
• Completely portable.
• No specialized hardware required.
• White label dash board allows users to log into their app and view their driving style. A Web Service library is also provided in the event an insurer wishes to provide data VIA their own portal.
• Patent pending software provides a unique alternative to other crash detection and UBI (dongle) products currently available.