|By Business Wire||
|April 2, 2014 02:49 PM EDT||
NAB Show today announced the program schedule for the second annual SPROCKIT, a year-round startup program that will kick-off once again at the 2014 NAB Show, April 5-10, in Las Vegas. SPROCKIT gives up-and-coming startups the opportunity to present their solutions to and collaborate with dozens of decision-makers and influencers at leading media and entertainment companies.
The SPROCKIT Hub (booth #C2455) – a dedicated space on the show floor for participants – will feature lively panel sessions on the changing industry landscape and the innovative products and solutions that are powering the future of media and entertainment. On Monday, April 7 at 2:00 p.m., the Hub will feature a special live interview with Daymond John of "Shark Tank." NAB Show attendees can join Wall Street Journal reporter Lee Hawkins as he sits down with John to learn about the entrepreneur's latest pursuits and get his insights on the growth of the industry.
The 27 SPROCKIT startups will have multiple opportunities to showcase their offerings to industry executives and show attendees, but the most anticipated sessions are the SPROCKIT Startups Pitches. Each startup will be allotted 5 minutes to pitch their company and value proposition, followed by a brief Q&A session, in front of potential partners and customers. The Startup Pitches schedule for Monday, April 7 in the SPROCKIT Hub is:
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.: Tomorrowish, Penthera, Eyeris
- 12:15 - 1:05 p.m.: nfluence, Maz Digital, Wayin
- 1:10 - 3:05 p.m.: Civolution, Audiair, clypd inc.
- 3:10 - 4:05 p.m.: WebTuner Corp., theloop, Watchup
- 4:10 - 4:45 p.m.: ExciteM, XYZ Stream Hosting
The Startup Pitches continue Tuesday, April 8, and the schedule is:
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: iPowow, ShareRocket, Cognitive Networks, Net2TV
- 12:05 - 2:05 p.m.: Shoelace Wireless, CloudFlare, Lingospot, SocialNewsDesk
- 2:10 - 3:05 p.m.: Paladin Innovators, Discourse Analytics, SportXast
- 3:10 - 3:45 p.m.: FEM Inc., Chute
Several of SPROCKIT's collaborators will host panel sessions in the SPROCKIT Hub, open to all NAB Show attendees. The companies will discuss their perspectives on the expanding broadcasting field and how organizations are transforming in the digital age. The panel schedule includes:
- Disney/ABC Television Group: "Creating the Watch ABC Product" – Monday, April 7, 11 - 11:45 a.m.
- Springboard Enterprises: "The Next Broadcast Revolution Starts Here" – Tuesday, April 8, 11 - 11:30 a.m.
- Google and Hearst Television: "Digital Revenue Now – Broadcasting and Digital Advertising" – Tuesday, April 8, 12:45 - 1:30 p.m.
- Cox Media Group: "Social Media Landscape & Engaging Viewers" – Wednesday, April 9, 9:15 - 10:00 a.m.
- Angel Capital Association: "Living with Angels" – Wednesday, April 9, 10 - 10:30 a.m.
- Hearst Television: "Can't We All Just Get Along?" – Wednesday, April 9, 11 - 11:45 a.m.
- Univision: "Staying Ahead and Monetizing on Today's Ever-Changing Space: Content Consumption" – Wednesday, April 9, 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Gannett: "Current Trends and Thoughts on Interactive TV" – Wednesday, April 9, 2 - 2:45 p.m.
- AARP: "Longevity Economy and Media/Tech Preferences for the 50+" – Wednesday, April 9, 3 - 3:45 p.m.
"This year's SPROCKIT program has evolved to bring together even more startups, thought leaders and industry executives," said Harry M. Glazer, founder and CEO, World Series of Start-Ups, LLC and the creator and co-producer of SPROCKIT. "The programming on SPROCKIT Hub stage will give NAB Show attendees the opportunity to experience the innovative products and solutions that are expected to shake-up the industry, as well as to learn from seasoned professionals about the current and future landscape of media and entertainment."
Created in partnership with World Series of Start-Ups, LLC and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), SPROCKIT is supported by Springboard Enterprises and New Vantage Group. SPROCKIT collaborators include: AARP, Angel Capital Association, Boston Consulting Group, Comcast, Convergent Wealth Advisors, Cox Media Group, Disney/ABC Television Group, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) at the University of Southern California, Ernst & Young, Google, Hearst Television, infoDev, Interactive Television Alliance, Irving Group, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, mediaX at Stanford University, Monster Worldwide, National Science Foundation (NSF), SmithGeiger, Tribune Broadcasting and Univision.
MEDIA NOTE: For NAB Show registered media interested in attending any of the SPROCKIT sessions or meeting with specific companies, please contact Lindsay Hyman at [email protected].
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 5-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, is the world's largest electronic media show covering filmed entertainment and the development, management and delivery of content across all mediums. With more than 93,000 attendees from 156 countries and 1,550+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. Complete details are available at www.nabshow.com.
Please click here to register as news media.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.