|By Business Wire||
|April 3, 2014 07:02 AM EDT||
Senaptic is a new company focussing on ultra-scalable private network solutions for smart cities and utilities. It has an innovative business model providing end-to-end solutions that are already turning the promise of the Internet of Things (IoT) into significant revenue streams in global markets.
Senaptic has an experienced management team of leading entrepreneurs from the worlds of technology, R&D and business innovation. Together they have launched a bold initiative to monetize and bring scale to real-world IoT opportunities.
Senaptic’s solution starts with a business case, not a network, working with its growing ecosystem of technology partners and regional licensees to deploy systems tailored to local needs, delivering business benefits right across the value chain.
The Senaptic business model has already been successfully rolled out in key markets that include Russia and China. Currently deployed systems include:
- smart city monitoring of citywide parking availability
- vehicle tracking and recovery
- remote control and monitoring of streetlights across cities or regions.
These and other solutions are available to local licensees through Senaptic’s Apella - an integrated suite of M2M packages developed to address IoT opportunities affordably, effectively and profitably. Apella incorporates Senaptic’s Ultra Narrow Band radio technology, which radically increases the return on investment from deployed systems.
The Senaptic approach is founded on the proven technology and business model of respected technology provider Plextek, which has shipped over six million IoT devices to over 30 countries. Senaptic will use this technology to bring scale and global reach to this successful model.
Senaptic CEO Will Franks says: “It’s clear that the Internet of Things is more than just game-changing. It is world-changing. The big question is how it can be rapidly developed and monetized. By removing the dependency on traditional networks, we believe that Senaptic has the answer.”
Senaptic CTO Tim Jackson says: “A vast market exists for IoT solutions across sectors as diverse as smart energy, healthcare, asset tracking and much more. Senaptic’s focus is as much on understanding the opportunity as on applying technology that has already proven itself in the market. We are now looking forward to expansion throughout 2014 and well beyond.”
The Senaptic team will be attending the M2M World Congress, 24-25 April at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London. Contact [email protected] for more information and to make appointments. www.senaptic.com
An image of Senaptic CEO Will Franks is available to download from here: http://www.emlwildfire.com/primages/sen001.jpg
Senaptic is an end-to-end solutions provider that has monetized opportunities in the IoT space from day one. It has done this by focussing on the business case rather than the network and addressing the needs of today’s high value systems - utilities and smart cities. Senaptic develops complete network and application solutions using proven technology and working with application providers, aggregators and other partners. This business model is based on an integrated suite of M2M packages called Apella. Senaptic solutions have already been rolled out in the marketplace and can be found in over 30 countries. Today Senaptic offers the only technology that lowers capex and opex to the point that a return on investment is clear. For more information, see www.senaptic.com
About the founders
- CEO Will Franks was co-founder of Ubiquisys, the award-winning developer of multimode small cells. Its intelligent small cells are commercially deployed across the world. The company was bought by Cisco in 2013 for $310 million.
- Chairman Martin McNair’s role is underpinned by almost 30 years’ board level experience in telecoms, semiconductor, wireless technology, networking and software development companies. Martin is an independent advisor to boards and investors in ICT and digital media businesses. Until recently, he was a general partner at Advent Venture Partners, is one of Europe’s most successful growth and venture capital investors.
- CTO Tim Jackson was co-founder and CEO of technology Consultancy Plextek, a founder and CTO of Street Lighting Central Management. Systems company Telensa and has had senior management experience in a number of other technology start-ups. He has an engineering degree from Cambridge and an MBA from the London Business School.
- CFO Kurt Redfield brings more than 20 years of international finance experience to Senaptic, most recently in the software and digital music space. He recently worked as CFO & COO of BridgeCo, a global provider of music streaming technology, where he presided over a 5x growth in the company.
- Operations Director Jon Lewis was previously CIO of Plextek Consulting, a company that provides electronic product design, supply and consultancy, from creation of original ideas through to manufacture. Jon previously worked in various leadership roles in NEC, Toshiba, TTPCom and Motorola.