|By PR Newswire||
|April 3, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
COSTA MESA, Calif., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Experian®, the leading global information services company, today announced that in its ongoing commitment to serve as an advocate of financial literacy it will join with the Jump$tart Coalition in April to "Stand Up for Financial Literacy," the theme for this year's Financial Literacy Month, by providing consumers with access to personal finance experts and credit resources.
"Being aware of your credit and where you stand financially is important all year long. Consumers sometimes hesitate in taking action because they don't know how or where to start," said Rod Griffin, director of public education for Experian. "That is why we participate in Financial Literacy Month—to encourage consumers to take their first steps toward understanding personal finance. At Experian, we work diligently throughout the year, not just during financial literacy month, to make essential information accessible, work with consumer advocacy organizations and educators to share financial knowledge and create services that consumers can utilize to take an active role in educating themselves."
The @Experian_US hosts a #CreditChat on Twitter every Wednesday at 3 p.m. Eastern time. To celebrate Financial Literacy Month, we are ramping up our efforts and pairing them with Google+ hangouts every week to help Americans improve their own financial knowledge, skills and confidence. Join Experian's public education experts and leaders in personal finance to discuss the issues facing consumers and the steps they can take to change their financial behavior.
Below is a list of activities consumers can participate in during April:
- April 4 — Google+ Hangout Q and A with Experian's public education ambassadors
- April 9 — #Creditchat with the Financial Literacy Congressional Caucus
- April 11 — Google+ Hangout Q and A with Experian's public education ambassadors
- April 16 — #CreditChat with the National Jump$tart Coalition
- April 18 — Google+ Hangout Q and A with Experian's public education ambassadors
- April 23 — #CreditChat with Betterment
- April 25 — Google+ Hangout Q and A with Experian's public education ambassadors
- April 29 — Google+ Hangout Q and A with the National Jump$tart Coalition
- April 30 — #CreditChat with the American Association of Retired Persons
To learn how to participate in our chats and for new consumer resources launching throughout the month, please visit http://www.experian.com/blogs/news.
"Helping families across the country improve their financial literacy is a big task, but we've made, and will continue to make, great strides forward by working collaboratively with our many and diverse partners, such as Experian, this April and throughout the year," said Laura Levine, President and CEO, Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy.
The Financial Literacy Month campaign encourages individuals throughout the month to take the time to think about and talk about their own money matters and to take full advantage of resources designed to improve their financial literacy and well-being.
Additional consumer education resources
- Visit Experian's help site for answers to common questions, advice and education about consumer credit
- Consumers are welcome to ask their credit questions on our Facebook page at https://Facebook.com/ExperianUS
- MyMoney.gov offers free federal resources and information
- The http://www.moneyasyougrow.org Website suggests age-appropriate financial knowledge and activities
- Search http://www.jumpstartclearinghouse.org for engaging resources available to help introduce children to personal finance
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. The Group helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2013, was US$4.7 billion. Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Experian Public Relations
1 714 830 5192