|By Business Wire||
|April 4, 2014 08:23 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mdt569/conductive_ink) has announced the addition of the "Conductive Ink Markets 2014-2024: Forecasts, Technologies, Players" report to their offering.
The conductive ink and paste business is a large market that will generate $2 billion in 2014 in revenue at the ink/paste level.
This market however is segmented, consisting of many emerging and mature markets. Overall, the market will experience 3.2% CAGR over the coming decade, although growth will be unevenly spread with several target markets experiencing rapid growth while others decline. This represents both opportunities as well as risk for all market participants. At the same, emerging technologies and alternatives are improving fast too, increasingly becoming price and performance competitive with mature incumbents. This too, coupled with fluctuating base metal prices, suggests that companies must develop the right technology and market strategy to benefit from this changing market landscape.
Silver Flake, Silver Nanoparticles, Copper, Graphene, PEDOT And Beyond
The photovoltaic sector is a large target market for conductive paste. It however underwent a period of distress characterised by tumbling prices, bankruptcies and consolidation. This was triggered by the rapid expansion of production capacity in China and the simultaneous reduction of subsidies in Europe. In the same period however, other markets such as the touch screen and the automotive (with conductive inks/paste) sectors experienced continued growth while many others remained at a nascent or emerging state. In the background to all this, the financial crisis impacted the price of raw silver (the dominant technology), causing it to increase by 4.5 times between 2009 and 2012. These trends had huge implications for the market, strongly affecting the demand and changing its composition, while generating a global wave of interest in alternatives.
This report in particular provides:
- Ten year market forecasts by technology market share, volume demand and market value in 14 market segments including automotive, touch, photovoltaics, RFID, sensors, smart packaging, logic and memory, etc.
- Comprehensive technology assessment, benchmarking and competitive landscaping for silver flake pastes, silver nanoparticle inks, copper nano and flake pastes and inks, graphene and carbon nanotubes, PEDOT, and silver nanowires.
- Detailed application assessment including dynamics and drives.
- Competitive business intelligence on all key industry players including 44 profiles based on direct interviews and/or visits.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Printable Conductive Inks- A Survey
- Conductive Inks In Photovoltaics
- Touch Screen
- Ito Replacement
- Conductive Inks In Rfid
- Conductive Inks In Vehicles
- Conductive Inks In Smart Packaging And Brand Enhancement
- Company Profiles
- Company Interviews