|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 08:49 PM EDT||
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has put together a team of attorneys to push forward an Emergency Motion that would compel GM to issue a "Park It Now" notice to current owners of certain Chevrolet, Pontiac and Saturn vehicles recalled for defective ignition switches. If granted, the motion would force GM to tell the owners of 2.6 million recalled vehicles to park their cars until they are fixed.
On Friday, April 4, United States District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos heard arguments pertaining to the Emergency Motion. Numerous Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorney clients also came to testify to a packed courtroom filled with witnesses and experts about their personal experiences with the ignition failure and how their lives were impacted. The public and attorneys alike are awaiting the judge's ruling.
GM Admits to Multiple Facts after "Park It Now" Hearing
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys' legal team obtains the following admissions in the form of stipulations from GM:
- A defect which relates to motor vehicle safety as defined in 49 C.F.R. 573.6 may exist in certain of the Recall Vehicles. The ignition switch torque performance in certain of the Recall Vehicles may not meet GM's specification. If the torque performance in a given vehicle is not to specification, the ignition switch may, under certain conditions, move from the "run" position to the "accessory" or "off" position with a corresponding reduction or loss of power.
- As of March 11, 2014, and based on the data and information collected, reviewed, and analyzed by GM as of that date, GM had identified eight frontal-impact crashes in the United States involving 2003 to 2007 model year Saturn Ion vehicles in which the recall condition may have caused or contributed to the airbags' non-deployment. Of these eight crashes, GM had identified four involving the Saturn Ion that resulted in four fatalities (all of which involved 2004 model year vehicles) and six injuries of frontal occupants (which involved 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007 model year vehicles). As of February 24, 2014, and based on the data and information collected, reviewed, and analyzed as of that date, GM had identified 23 frontal-impact crashes involving 2005 to 2007 Chevrolet Cobalts and 2007 Pontiac G5s in which the recall condition may have caused or contributed to the airbags' non-deployment. Of these crashes, GM had identified six that resulted in eight fatalities of frontal occupants.
- The number of vehicles within the scope of the Recall manufactured by General Motors Corporation is 1,363,414.
- On March 28, 2014, GM announced that an additional 824,000 vehicles (including 2008-2010 model year (MY) Chevrolet Cobalt, 2008-2011 MY Chevrolet HHR, 2008-2010 MY Pontiac Solstice, 2008-2010 MY Pontiac G5, and 2008-2010 MY Saturn Sky vehicles) would be recalled because certain of these vehicles may have been repaired with the replacement ignition switches that do not meet GM's specification.
- Replacement parts for the Recall repair will begin to be shipped to GM dealers this week, and dealers should begin conducting repairs next week. Based upon current information, and subject to GM's ongoing efforts to further expedite the process, the expected completion date for the Recall Vehicles is currently estimated to be October 2014.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys Continue to Investigate Injury and Death Cases Linked to Recall
"If GM has its way, we could very easily have hazardous and potentially deadly vehicles on the road until October of this year." Thomas Henry goes on, "This defies logic and is unacceptable as far as I am concerned and I know the public at large feels the exact same way."
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys, a national law firm and one of the larger injury firms in the country, is representing victims in all 50 states. As the leader in the GM national litigation, Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys is representing large numbers of families who have lost loved ones and individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys
Video - http://youtu.be/UG6lYDOD7WM
SOURCE Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys
Dec. 28, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,144
Dec. 28, 2014 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,592
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,840
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,169
Dec. 28, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,842
Dec. 28, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,996
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 7,202
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,936
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,884
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,426
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,040
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,227
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,054
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,161
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,221