|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 09:00 PM EDT||
SYDNEY, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the opening of phase three of its third Sydney (SY3) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. The US$30 million addition to SY3, located in the south of Sydney, provides space for an additional 1,000 cabinets. The completed build has capacity for 3,000 cabinets, allowing more companies to take full advantage of the cloud in a colocation environment and reap the benefits of close proximity to a vast ecosystem of partners and potential customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Net Logistics, a leading web hosting service provider and systems integrator in Australia and an Equinix Customer since 2006, has signed as an anchor tenant, expanding its data center footprint in Sydney. Since its inception in 2004, Net Logistics, ISO 20000 certified, has placed a heavy emphasis on providing clients with industry-leading support, offering a range of premium hosting products including shared and reseller hosting, cloud Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and high-end dedicated servers. Clients can also take advantage of fully customized solutions and colocation services.
- Australia is recognized as the most mature cloud market in Asia Pacific with demand for premium colocation and interconnection services continuing to rise. The country's public cloud market is forecast to hit $3.2 billion in 2020 up from $723 million in 2012.
- Through Platform Equinix™, customers located within SY3-III can maximize business opportunities within the data center, accelerating their digital supply chain. Companies around the globe can develop their businesses in Asia Pacific markets quickly and easily through Equinix's expanded footprint in the region, scaling operations and expanding geographically across the global platform. This improves application performance and protects valuable digital assets.
- The SY3 facility located in Mascot has been awarded the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ Gold Certification for its high building standards by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). In addition, Equinix has ISO 27001 certification for all of its Sydney facilities, the highest global industry standard for information security.
- SY3 is the most densely connected data center in Australia, with access to Equinix's network dense and rich ecosystem of more than 975 network providers globally, 120 of which are based in Australia. This includes a direct link to the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), the only location where access to the two largest peering points is available.
- Equinix anticipates investment in data center outsourcing in the Asia Pacific region will continue to grow, with cloud and hybrid cloud in particular, gaining momentum.
- Equinix is helping enterprises embark on hybrid cloud journeys by solving the problems faced by those that want to transform their IT environment to a hybrid cloud model, and have specific workloads requiring the transfer of large volumes of data. Equinix simplifies private, secure access to multiple cloud and network providers to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions while avoiding vendor lock.
- Equinix has continued to invest in the Asia Pacific region, as high demand for premium data center and cloud services continues to grow. SY3-III is the latest in a series of expansions across Asia Pacific including Tokyo, Osaka, Jakarta, Singapore, and the most recent announcement that Equinix has commenced building its first facility in Melbourne.
- Doug Oates, vice president of sales, Equinix Asia-Pacific:"Equinix is experiencing massive growth across the region with a number of expansions announced over the previous months, including our first Melbourne data center made in January this year. Equinix is continuing in its drive to connect businesses inside its dynamic business ecosystems and accelerate the digital supply chain, particularly within the cloud vertical."
- Karthick Rajendran, managing director, Net Logistics:"Equinix is a key supplier in our operations. Businesses have always been dependent on each other, but now it is about the speed with which they connect to each other to transact data in order to ultimately deliver goods or services. Equinix has helped us to do this, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience no matter how they are connecting in today's highly digital economy."
- The Transformation of Australia: From Mining to Tech [blog]
- Australia's Great Southern State Welcomes a Data Boost with the Announcement of Equinix's ME1 [blog]
- Equinix Sydney data centers [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
 Forrester Research Report "Sizing the Cloud Markets in Asia Pacific" February 2012
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.