|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 04:00 AM EDT||
-- Load factor increased from 74.1% to 79.9%
-- Domestic market passengers increased by 24.2%
MEXICO CITY, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V. ("Aeromexico") (BMV: AEROMEX) the largest airline in Mexico, has reported its operating statistics for March 2014.
- Grupo Aeromexico transported 1 million 425 thousand passengers in March; a 21.8% increase, year-on-year. The Company experienced a 24.2% increase in the domestic market and a 16.3% increase in the international market.
- Demand, measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometers (RPKs), increased by 19.6%, year-on-year. Aeromexico's capacity, measured in Available Seat Kilometers (ASKs), increased by 10.5% year-on-year.
- The March load factor was 79.9%; a 5.9 percentage point increase, year-on-year.
RPK's (itinerary + charter, millions)
ASK's (itinerary + charter, millions)
Load Factor (itinerary, %)
Passengers (itinerary + charter, thousands)
Figures may not sum to total due to rounding.
The information included within this report has not been audited and does not provide information on the Company's future performance. Aeromexico's future performance depends on many factors and it cannot be inferred that any period's performance or its year-over-year comparison will be an indicator of similar future performance.
- "RPKs" Revenue Passenger Kilometers represent one revenue-passenger transported one kilometer. This includes itinerary and charter flights. The total RPKs equals the number of revenue-passengers transported multiplied by the total distance flown.
- "ASKs" Available Seat Kilometers represent the number of available seats multiplied by the distance flown. This metric is an indicator of the airline's capacity. It equals one seat offered for one kilometer, whether or not the seat is used.
- "Load Factor" equals the number of passengers transported as a percentage of the number of seats offered. It is a measure of the airline's capacity utilization. This metric takes into account the total passengers transported and total seats available in itinerary flights.
- "Passengers" refers to the total number of passengers transported by the airline.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. Aeromexico, the largest airline in Mexico, operates more than 600 daily flights from its main hub in Terminal 2 at the Mexico City International Airport. Its destinations network features more than 80 cities on three continents, including 47 destinations in Mexico, 17 in the United States, 12 in Latin America, three in Europe, two in Asia and one in Canada.
The Group's fleet of more than 115 aircraft is comprised of Boeing 787, 777, 767 and 737 jet airliners and next generation Embraer 145, 170, 175 and 190 models. In 2012, the airline announced the most significant investment strategy in aviation history in Mexico, to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft including 90 MAX B737 jet airliners and 10 B787-9 Dreamliners.
As a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, Aeromexico offers customers 1,000 destinations in 178 countries served by the 19 SkyTeam airline partners rewarding passengers with benefits including access to 530 premium airport lounges around the world. Aeromexico also offers travel on its codeshare partner flights with Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines, Avianca, LAN, TACA and TAM with extensive connectivity in countries like the United States, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia and Peru. www.aeromexico.com www.skyteam.com