|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 06:16 PM EDT||
WASHINGTON, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The 2014 Electric Drive Transportation Association Conference and Annual Meeting (www.edta2014.com) is the most important electric drive event of the year and coming at an amazing time for the industry. The electric drive market is strong and growing with new vehicles and technologies hitting showrooms at a speeding pace, sales are growing and infrastructure building across the U.S. As we shift from market rollout to market expansion, we are heading to the city that has helped define the automotive industry in the U.S. for over a century. The City of Indianapolis will host #EDTA2014 during the same week as the historic Indy 500, honoring the legacies of the automotive world – while realizing the transportation technologies of the future.
Key Attractions at #EDTA2014:
- Visionary presenters and recognized experts – Includes Formula E founder & CEO Alejandro Agag, and top electric drive industry leaders from companies including Qualcomm, Bosch, Audi of America and Johnson Controls;
- Unique networking events – Appreciate automotive heritage during the Night at the Track, an infield reception at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (transportation will be provided);
- Ride, Drive & Charge - This is your chance to get behind the wheel of the latest electric drive vehicles;
- Interactive Programming - We're doing things a little differently this year. Attendees will have a greater opportunity to work directly with presenters, offer input and leverage the expertise from fellow participants.
- Indianapolis is the first city in the United States to commit to transition their municipal fleet from foreign oil by 2025, while also rolling out the largest all-electric car sharing program in the nation. Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard and other officials will share their vision for transforming fleets and provide lessons on how to achieve it.
- The famous Indy 500 has been an annual event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for over 100 years.
- Meanwhile, the state of Indiana is rich in automotive history and home to several innovations such as tilt steering, cruise control, and front-wheel drive. State and local industry continues to shape the future – in Indianapolis and beyond. The local host committee explains a few reasons why EDTA has decided to call Indy home in 2014. http://www.energysystemsnetwork.com/news-events
Attendees include automakers, utilities, battery and equipment manufacturers, suppliers, government partners and end users. #EDTA2014 will provide a forum for industry to discuss key topics such as technology advances and electric vehicle consumer adoption, while end users can network with transportation solution providers. This is your best opportunity in 2014 to hear from and meet with leaders from across the entire electric drive value chain, those that are building on automotive legacies while paving the way for electrified transportation.
Registration & Info: www.EDTA2014.com
The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the trade association promoting battery, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fuel cell electric drive technologies and infrastructure. EDTA conducts public policy advocacy, education, industry networking, and conferences. EDTA's membership includes vehicle and equipment manufacturers, energy companies, technology developers, component suppliers, government agencies and others.
SOURCE Electric Drive Transportation Association