|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 06:30 PM EDT||
- Across all 13 major award events to date, ETALK's coverage out-performed ET CANADA with total viewers and key demos A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/PNUe3M
TORONTO, April 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Following Sunday night's 49TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS and looking ahead to this weekend's MTV MOVIE AWARDS, the 2014 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, and more, ETALK continues to make history as the #1 Canadian entertainment brand and overwhelming Canadian choice for red carpet and post-awards show coverage. Across 13 major award shows and events this season, ETALK has consistently delivered more viewers than its Canadian competitor ET CANADA (Global) on every occasion, with total viewers and the key A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 demos. From the EMMYs®, to THE OSCARS®, and the Canadian Screen Awards to THE JUNO AWARDS, BBM data confirms that for the 12th year in a row, ETALK remains the #1 Canadian daily entertainment show and is the destination viewers choose for post-awards show coverage.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
"Without question, ETALK owns the red carpet at top tier events both here at home and around the world," said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. "For 12 seasons straight, ETALK continues to bring our loyal Canadian viewers an unparalleled post-awards show experience they have come to expect from the leading Canadian entertainment brand, and we are thankful for their continued support."
Below is a closer look at ETALK's awards season coverage to date (2013-2014):
- ETALK kicked-off awards season coverage with THE 65TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS® on Sept. 23, and garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 480,000). ETALK also led ET CANADA by 63% in the key A25-54 demo (275,000 vs. 169,000).
- After the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS were handed out, 39% more viewers tuned into ETALK (652,000) than ET CANADA (470,000) on Nov. 25. ETALK also led in the key A18-49 demo (+46%).
- Following GOLDEN GLOBE nominations on Dec. 12, 85% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 358,000) for highlights.
- ETALK is Canada's choice for coverage of the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS on Jan. 9, delivering 25% more viewers than ET CANADA (656,000 vs. 525,000). ETALK also led in all key demos including A18-34 (+14%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+51%).
- With its coveted second position on the red carpet and exclusive backstage lounge, ETALK provided exclusive coverage of THE 71st ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 13, garnering 55% more viewers than ET CANADA (831,000 vs. 537,000), and leading in the key A18-34 (+24%), A18-49 (+41%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos. ETALK also led in the female demos F18-34 (+92%), F18-49 (+68%), and F25-54 (+26%).
- On OSCAR nomination day (Jan. 16), 31% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (553,000 vs. 421,000) for highlights. ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+56%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+45%) demos.
- Viewers chose ETALK for their CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS coverage, with 31% more viewers choosing ETALK over ET CANADA (562,000 vs. 429,000). ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+79%), A18-49 (+31%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos; as well as the female F18-34 (+55%), F18-49 (+36%), and F25-54 (+54%) demos.
- After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 15% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 20 (566,000 vs. 494,000).
- Music's biggest night saw 857,000 Canadians choose ETALK for its post-GRAMMY AWARDS® coverage on Feb. 27, 43% more than ET CANADA (601,000) - up 5% from last year. ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+70%), A18-49 (+32%), and A25-54 (+48%); and F18-34 (+85%), F18-49 (+38%), and F25-54 (+35%).
- Following Hollywood's biggest night, viewers chose ETALK (796,000) for its Canadian post-OSCAR® coverage March 3, 24% ahead of ET CANADA (644,000).
- Following Canadian film and TV's biggest night, 20% more viewers tuned into ETALK (653,000) for its unparalleled wall-to-wall coverage of the CANADIAN SCREEN AWARDS on March 10, than the actual award show broadcast itself. ETALK's coverage was also 47% ahead of ET CANADA's (443,000). ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+17%), A18-49 (+24%), A25-54 (+28%), F18-34 (+18%), F18-49 (+32%), and F25-54 (+21%).
- ETALK celebrated Canada's best in music with a post-JUNO AWARDS report on March 31 that garnered 34% more viewers than ET CANADA (576,000 vs. 430,000).
- Last night (April 7), ETALK celebrated the best in Country music with its coverage of the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, which garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (597,000 vs. 433,000).
Awards season continues and the celebrating doesn't stop for ETALK, as the #1 Canadian entertainment team gets set to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, Monday, June 16 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO.
ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO. ETALK is also available on demand following the television broadcast on CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
ETALK - @etalkCTV
Ben Mulroney - @BenMulroney
Tanya Kim - @Tanya_Kim
Danielle McGimsie - @MissDMcG
Lainey - @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor - @stayfabulous
Devon Soltendieck - @DSoltendieck
Jessi Cruickshank - @JESSI
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMYs® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada's first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two and CTV GO, and at 6 p.m. ET on E! (check local listings).
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, includes preliminary overnight audiences.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
When an enterprise builds a hybrid IaaS cloud connecting its data center to one or more public clouds, security is often a major topic along with the other challenges involved. Security is closely intertwined with the networking choices made for the hybrid cloud. Traditional networking approaches for building a hybrid cloud try to kludge together the enterprise infrastructure with the public cloud. Consequently this approach requires risky, deep "surgery" including changes to firewalls, subnets...
May. 27, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,119
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
May. 26, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 609
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,823
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 26, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,413
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 26, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 26, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,968
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,697
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,575
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,724
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,381
Move from reactive to proactive cloud management in a heterogeneous cloud infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Manoj Khabe, Innovative Solution-Focused Transformation Leader at Vicom Computer Services, Inc., will show how to replace a help desk-centric approach with an ITIL-based service model and service-centric CMDB that’s tightly integrated with an event and incident management platform. Learn how to expand the scope of operations management to service management. He will al...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,334
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
May. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,210
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, CTO and Founder of NIMBOXX, highlighted how a mid-sized manufacturer of global industrial equipment bridged the gap from virtualization to software-defined services, streamlining operations and costs while connect...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,196
The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential. The DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo – to be held June 3-5, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City – will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,847
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,802