|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 09:30 PM EDT||
DENVER, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2014 Jeep® Cherokee wins "SUV of the Year" award from journalist organization at Denver International Auto Show
- Rocky Mountain Automotive Press cite unstoppable off-road ability and impressive on-road performance in naming the Jeep Cherokee "SUV of the Year"
From the stage of the Denver Auto Show Charity Preview, the 2014 Jeep® Cherokee has been named the "SUV of the Year" by the voting media members of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP) association.
"The Rocky Mountain region challenges any vehicle to the maximum with high altitude and constantly changing weather conditions," said Andre Smirnov, Rocky Mountain Automotive Press president. "The 2014 Jeep Cherokee is equipped to handle this tough environment, while also offering comfort, utility, and efficiency. RMAP is pleased to recognize the Jeep Cherokee as the 2014 Rocky Mountain 'SUV of the Year.'"
The 2014 Jeep Cherokee was chosen "SUV of the Year" after evaluation by RMAP members. The field included every significant new SUV and crossover vehicle for sale in the region that includes Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. Rocky Mountain Automotive Press is a Denver-based association of automotive journalists, automaker-communications representatives and other motor-industry professionals. This is the eighth year RMAP has presented its Rocky Mountain Vehicle of the Year awards, which recognize the industry's top cars, pickups, and SUVs.
"The rugged terrain and varying weather conditions of the Rocky Mountain region make this award extra special and a natural fit for the all-new Jeep Cherokee," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Jeep Cherokee has been a tremendous success in the marketplace since its arrival in Jeep showrooms last fall. We are grateful that, like consumers nationwide, the RMAP members have recognized the benchmark Jeep capability, world-class on-road dynamics, efficiency, innovation and craftsmanship that Cherokee offers."
The all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee completely redefines the mid-size SUV segment, delivering legendary Jeep 4x4 capability, improved fuel economy, superior on-road ride and handling, revolutionary design, world-class craftsmanship, clever functionality and versatility, more than 70 safety and security features and user-friendly technology. The Jeep Cherokee delivers unmatched off-road capability while not sacrificing on-road ride and handling, comfort or segment-leading features.
In addition, Jeep Cherokee delivers drivers numerous "first" and best-in-class features:
- First SUV with 9-speed automatic transmission
- First vehicle to feature a fully-disconnecting rear axle for 4x2 fuel economy when 4x4 capability isn't needed
- Impressive on-road driving dynamics, fuel economy of up to 31 mpg highway
- First vehicle powered by new 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 engine
- More than 70 available safety and security features including 10 standard air bags
- Best-in-class V-6 towing (4,500 lbs.)
- First Chrysler Group vehicle with Active Park Assist System that assists the driver parallel/perpendicular park
- Beautiful world-class interior with high-quality materials
- Award-winning Uconnect media center with available 8.4-inch touchscreen, the largest in the segment
The all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee is available in four different models in the United States: Cherokee Sport, Cherokee Latitude, Cherokee Limited and Cherokee Trailhawk, and has a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $22,995.
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left and right-hand drive configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC products are available in more than 160 countries around the world.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC