|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 06:11 PM EDT||
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Hilliard Munoz Gonzalez LLP (HMG), a Texas law firm, filed a lawsuit against six General Motors engineers, including two who have been placed on paid leave by General Motors — Ray DeGiorgio and Gary Altman.
Bob Hilliard, of HMG, is lead attorney in the action. On March 14, Hilliard filed the first class action lawsuit in the nation against General Motors on behalf of victims, families and survivors of those injured or killed in crashes caused by a faulty ignition switch in eight GM models.
"PEOPLE HAVE DIED. IT'S A COVER-UP."
Hilliard made strong statements about the conduct of the engineers: "It is clear that every one of these engineers was involved in the details of the Cobalt design and the defect. They knew about it, they did nothing to stop it, even though they had a clear duty to prevent it."
"People have died. Serious injuries have occurred. It is time to understand the degree of negligent conduct involved. GM CEO Mary Barra refuses to provide details about the defective ignition switch, which ended the lives of my clients' loved ones. It's a cover-up."
"THESE GUYS…NEED TO BE FLAT-OUT FIRED…"
He had this to say about the paid suspension of the two GM engineers:
- "These individual engineers will not be allowed to hide."
- "GM suspends at least two of the culprits, but does so with pay? Is this a way to be sure they don't roll over on their bosses?"
- "As for Ray DeGiorgio and Gary Altman — these guys need to be hiring criminal attorneys and need to be flat-out fired from GM if they are at the epicenter of this criminal cover up —anything less shows GM is making strategic decisions similar to the "Never Park Them" position, regardless of what the facts are."
"PARK IT NOW" MANDATORY INJUNCTION
Hilliard is leading the call for General Motors to issue an emergency "Park It Now" alert to drivers of GM vehicles with defective ignition switches. On April 4, he filed a request for Federal Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos to issue a mandatory injunction requiring GM to send an emergency alert to drivers of affected GM vehicles to stop driving the cars immediately. Hilliard says:
- "Everyone who owns one of these recalled vehicles needs to park it now! When this defect occurs, the power steering will not work, the power brakes will not work, and the airbags will not deploy!"
- "Driving a recalled GM vehicle is like carrying a stick of dynamite with a slow-burning fuse. When it goes off it will be sudden, violent and deadly."
Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP (HMG) specializes in mass torts, personal injury, product liability, commercial and business litigation, and wrongful death. The firm has won approximately $100,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for its clients. Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP has been successfully representing clients in the United States and Mexico since 1986.
HMG is actively seeking to represent other victims of GM's defective vehicles.
SOURCE Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP