|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 11:00 PM EDT||
GRESHAM, Ore., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.® (NYSE: NGVC), the natural foods chain that changes its customer's lives with nutrition education, high standards and affordable prices, opened its seventh Oregon location in Gresham at 407 Northwest Burnside Road, (phone: 503-465-0130), and is inviting customers to visit to sample new foods and products.
"Gresham, Portland and its surrounding communities are aware of issues involving both personal health and environmental health, so we feel like we will be a great fit," said Kemper Isely, co-president of Natural Grocers.
Shoppers in the Gresham area may wonder how a grocery store can change people's lives. "It's because we provide the resources that people need to live a life of health and vitality," Isely explained.
- Our stores offer ways to help you take the best care of your own health. Each store offers many free science-based health and nutrition learning resources. We provide World Class customer service to help you find just the products you need, including exceptionally high quality natural and organic groceries, natural body care and dietary supplements – all at affordable prices.
- What's missing when you walk through our doors? All those bad things you keep reading about. Natural Grocers will not sell any grocery product that contains artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or harmful trans fats. Yet our shelves are full of amazing food and products, including fantastic, worry-free foods for you, your children and even for your pets. (See: "What We Won't Sell and Why.")
- We sell only USDA Certified Organic produce. No more guessing whether the produce you are buying is possibly treated with pesticides and preservatives -- or even if it has been mixed with something that has been treated. At Natural Grocers, it's all organic -- and we work hard to make organic affordable.
- The meats in our stores come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by products.
- Each Natural Grocers store has a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC). We provide this service free of charge, because no one should be excluded from receiving advice and information that can help them live a healthier life. NHCs can answer questions on special diet needs, help you design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point you toward the products that support your health and fitness goals. You can even sign up for individual coaching sessions or attend a nutrition class or cooking demonstration in our teaching kitchen.
- Throughout the store, our knowledgeable staff welcomes your questions about special diets like gluten-free, Paleo, vegetarian/vegan, and low-glycemic, or about specific supplements or products. If you read it on the Internet or saw it on TV, come talk to us first for help understanding the science behind the hype.
- We offer local products and support local agriculture when we open a store. Shoppers can look for more than 2700 products from over 170 Oregon companies, and we are always looking for opportunities to bring in meat, produce and dairy from Oregon farms. Check our website for new product approval guidelines.
- Gresham shoppers can come in to get yummy cooking demos, hear speakers or attend seminars to enhance the depth of their nutrition knowledge (schedule: http://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-locations/gresham )
- We don't offer plastic or paper shopping bags at our registers, but if you forget your reusable totes, we'll gladly pack your groceries in free recycled boxes. We do sell inexpensive reusable shopping bags, AND each time you shop with your own reusable totes, we will make a donation to the local food bank.
Of special note, Natural Grocers will soon be unveiling some of the strictest dairy ingredient standards in the industry. Our goal is to keep GMO feed, veterinary drug residues and inhumane treatment out of the milk production system that provides dairy products for our customers. "We hope to spark a conversation with our communities and the nation about how our food is raised, and how it impacts so many other parameters that we sometimes forget to consider: food quality, health, sustainability, community well-being, and animal welfare," said Isely.
The Gresham Natural Grocers is open Monday through Saturday from 8:56 a.m. to 8:04 pm. On Sunday the store is open from 9:56 a.m. to 7:06 p.m. Customers are welcome to come a little early and to stay a little late.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC): Founded in Colorado by Margaret & Philip Isely in 1955, Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help them support their own health. The family-run store has since grown into a successful national chain with locations across Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska, Arizona and Oregon, and employs over 2000 people. Although the company went public in July 2012, Isely family members continue to manage the company day to day, building on the foundation of their parents' business. Natural Grocers' popularity and success can be traced back to its founding principles: dedication to providing science based nutrition education, exceptional customer service, the highest quality natural and organic products at affordable prices, supporting our communities and providing great jobs with excellent benefits and a living wage to our employees. www.naturalgrocers.com
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
“This win means a great deal to us because it is decided by the readers – the people who understand how use of our technology enables new insights that drive the business,” said Matt Davies, senior director, EMEA marketing, Splunk. “Splunk Enterprise enables organizations to improve service levels, reduce operations costs, mitigate security risks, enhance DevOps collaboration, create new product and service offerings and obtain deeper insight into customer behavior. Being named Best Business App...
Jan. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,085
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Jan. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,752
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 05:15 AM EST Reads: 2,518
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile ...
Jan. 30, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,819
At 15th Cloud Expo, Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, demos a video delivery platform that helps you do interactive videos. He discusses how Harbinger is accomplishing it in the cloud world, the problems they faced and the choices they made to get around these problems.
Jan. 30, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 1,596
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Jan. 30, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 3,116
15th Cloud Expo, which took place Nov. 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, expanded the conference content of @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit to include two developer events. IBM held a Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held a Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of Bluemix, its services and functionalit...
Jan. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 2,774
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Jan. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 3,421
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water,...
Jan. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 3,152
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jan. 30, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,090
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by minin...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,813
Between the compelling mockups and specs produced by your analysts and designers, and the resulting application built by your developers, there is a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral out of control, and applications fall short of requirements. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a new approach where business and development users collaborate – each using tools appropriate to their goals and expertise – to build mo...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,905
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immed...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 3,426
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,863
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Jan. 30, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,008