|By PR Newswire||
|April 14, 2014 08:19 AM EDT||
BERKELEY, Calif., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Energy Storage North America (ESNA), the most influential gathering of policy, technology and market leaders in energy storage, today announced the first round of confirmed keynotes for this year's ESNA 2014. The historic procurement targets recently adopted by the California Public Utilities Commission have made California the world's leading energy storage market – targeting 1.3 GW of storage procurement by 2020. At ESNA 2014, which takes place at the San Jose Convention Center from September 30 - October 2, 2014, attendees will hear directly from key energy storage policy makers and market leaders about what the next phase of growth holds for the industry and how to ensure success in this thriving global market.
ESNA 2014 welcomes a prestigious keynote line-up that includes:
- John Norris, Commissioner, U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Mateo Jaramillo, Director of Powertrain Business Development, Tesla Motors
- Peter Rive, Co-founder and CTO, SolarCity
- Mike Florio and Carla Peterman, Commissioners, California Public Utility Commission
- Kim Warren, VP of Operations and COO, Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator
- Eric Schmitt, VP of Operations, California Independent System Operator
- Fong Wan, Senior VP, Energy Procurement, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Mark Nelson, Director, Integrated Planning and Strategy, Southern California Edison
- Chris Orzel, Manager, Energy Storage Development, Invenergy
Last year's inaugural event was the largest energy storage conference ever held in the western hemisphere. ESNA 2013 drew nearly 750 attendees from 16 countries and was highlighted by the first annual ESNA Innovation Awards. ESNA 2014 expects to bring together more than 1,000 international attendees, including regulators, utility executives, investors, project developers, and technologists for three days of discussions, workshops and deal-making.
"The level of activity and engagement we've experienced in the seven months since ESNA 2013 has changed the shape of today's energy storage markets," said Janice Lin, Co-Founder, California Energy Storage Alliance (CESA). "With key procurement targets now in place and the first wave of implementations on the immediate horizon, the commercial traction we're seeing across the U.S. and Canada is a strong indicator of what's to come."
Three educational conference tracks at ESNA 2014 will help attendees to better understand and gain a competitive edge in the growing energy storage marketplace. World-class experts will explain how to create unique value and share positioning strategies for long-term success. The 2014 tracks are:
- Customer-Sited Markets: Distributed energy storage is integral to grid optimization. From substation-sited to behind-the-meter, learn how to demonstrate the value of distributed storage to key customers and how to implement bankable revenue streams for these resources.
- Mobility Markets: Vehicle-to-grid (V2G) markets promise to bring value-added assets to the grid edge as electric vehicle adoption accelerates. Leaders in vehicle grid integration (VGI) will attest to the energy potential and share ways to maximize the value of V2G technology from controlled ramping to automated Demand Response programs.
- Utility-Scale Markets: Storage systems that are distribution or transmission-interconnected are boosting grid stability, making energy markets more secure and providing additional services to storage stakeholders. Learn how to scale and diversify products, secure contracts, and implement utility-grade projects for maximum return.
Registration for ESNA 2014 is now open; register by July 18 to receive an early bird discount.
About Energy Storage North America
Energy Storage North America is part of the Energy Storage World conference series, which also includes Energy Storage Europe, Energy Storage China, Energy Storage India, and the new Energy Storage Summit Japan. ESNA 2014 is produced by Messe Düsseldorf in association with Strategen Consulting and the California Energy Storage Alliance.
ESNA is supported by the world's leading energy storage organizations, including the Global Energy Storage Alliance (GESA), Energy Storage Association (ESA), California Energy Storage Alliance (CESA), German Energy Storage Association (BVES), China Energy Storage Alliance (CNESA), Indian Energy Storage Alliance (IESA), and several leading renewable energy organizations.
SOURCE Energy Storage North America (ESNA)