|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 07:14 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (www.ehealth.com), which operates eHealthInsurance.com, the nation's first and largest private online health insurance exchange, today reminded uninsured consumers that state-specific and insurer-specific enrollment deadlines are fast approaching. The company also highlighted consumer resources available for shoppers at eHealthInsurance.com.
eHealth previously identified a number of states in which at least one health insurance company continued to accept new health insurance applications beyond the March 31, 2014 deadline for the nationwide open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). These states include Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington(1). Enrollment opportunities in a number of these states are scheduled to come to an end as follows(2):
- April 15, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Arizona, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
- April 18, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the state of Maryland.
- April 30, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Hawaii, New Mexico and Oregon.
eHealth has created an infographic, available for download, illustrating these deadlines, in addition to extended enrollment deadlines made available to qualifying consumers through government health insurance marketplaces.
For uninsured consumers in the states mentioned above -- or for any consumers still uninsured who experience a qualifying life events making them eligible for a special enrollment period -- eHealth has made the following resources available:
- The Uninsured Hotline at 877-803-2369. Licensed agents at eHealth's Customer Care Center are staffing the hotline to address questions from uninsured consumers who may still have enrollment options or who missed the nationwide open enrollment period which ended on March 31, 2014. Agents can provide information about which qualifying life events may trigger a special enrollment period allowing consumers to enroll in individual or family major medical insurance. Callers can also learn about their potential liability for a 2014 tax penalty and about health insurance alternatives such as short-term health insurance, which may still provide a form of protection despite not meeting the coverage criteria of the Affordable Care Act.
- eHealth's Affordable Care Act Resource Center. The Affordable Care Act Resource Center provides consumers with articles, FAQs, and videos that can help them understand the potential consequences of missing the open enrollment period, as well as help them learn more about coverage options available outside of open enrollment. Topics specifically addressed in the Resource Center include qualifying life events which may allow you to enroll in major medical individual or family coverage; short-term health insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and other supplemental insurance plans like dental and vision insurance; and the tax penalties and other potential consequences of not enrolling in ACA-compliant health insurance plans during the open enrollment period.
- The eHealth Price Index. The online eHealth Price Index tracks nationwide average monthly premiums for individual and family health insurance plans selected by consumers shopping through eHealth. The eHealth Price Index is updated on a daily basis. As of April 13, 2014, the average premium for plans selected by individual eHealth shoppers was $242 per month; the average premium for family plans selected by eHealth shoppers was $581 per month. The eHealth Price Index provides consumers with insight into what they may expect to pay for individual or family major medical health insurance coverage during an open enrollment period or when they experience a qualifying life event allowing them to purchase an ACA-compliant health insurance plan outside of open enrollment.
(1) Enrollment opportunities within these states are subject to change and eHealth cannot guarantee that insurers will continue to accept applications. Some insurers may only serve limited areas within a particular state. Health insurance companies in other states may also decide to accept applications.
(2) Dates are based on information provided to eHealth by insurance companies within these states.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) operates eHealthInsurance.com, the Nation's first and largest private health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from leading insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 200 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and eHealthMedicare.com (www.eHealthMedicare.com).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2568037
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
May. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 765
Artifactory binary repository management system. As one of the most widely used binary repositories and the only repository that offers a high availability clustered solution, the integration with Artifactory helps customers easily adopt CA Release Automation to optimize their entire software development lifecycle. “Artifactory is a standard maker at the continuous-integration domain and provides the user a powerful repository experience with the freedom to choose his own tools set and ecosyste...
May. 5, 2015 02:53 PM EDT Reads: 168
The OnPage SOAP API provides programmatic access to OnPage messaging services. Typical applications include sending messages to individual OnPage users or groups and receiving tracking information for messages such as delivery and read timestamps or reply information. The API is based on open standards known collectively as "Web Services," which includes the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), and the XML Schema Definition language (XSD).
May. 5, 2015 02:37 PM EDT Reads: 190
SYS-CON Events announced today the DevOps Foundation Certification Course, being held June ?, 2015, in conjunction with DevOps Summit and 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will res...
May. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,364
Docker is becoming very popular--we are seeing every major private and public cloud vendor racing to adopt it. It promises portability and interoperability, and is quickly becoming the currency of the Cloud. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bart Copeland, CEO of ActiveState, discussed why Docker is so important to the future of the cloud, but will also take a step back and show that Docker is actually only one piece of the puzzle. Copeland will outline the bigger picture of where Docker fits a...
May. 5, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,288
Ayla Networks, whose agile Internet of Things (IoT) platform makes it easy for manufacturers to deliver secure, connected products, today announced it has been included in the list of "Cool Vendors" in the Internet of Things report by Gartner, Inc. “Gartner knows how important it is that manufacturers of all kinds of products have the right IoT solution to help turn their products into connected ‘things,’” said David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks. “The market for Ayla’s IoT pla...
May. 5, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 354
A new definition of Big Data & the practical applications of the defined components & associated technical architecture models This presentation introduces a new definition of Big Data, along with the practical applications of the defined components and associated technical architecture models. In his session at Big Data Expo, Tony Shan will start with looking into the concept of Big Data and tracing back the first definition by Doug Laney, and then he will dive deep into the description of 3V...
May. 5, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,097
SYS-CON Events announced today that CenturyLink, Inc., a leader in the network services market, has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and ...
May. 5, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,232
ScriptRock has been included in the list of "Cool Vendors" in the "Cool Vendors in DevOps 2015" report by Gartner, Inc.* ScriptRock provides visibility into the configuration state of an organization's IT environments, enabling the continuous delivery of mission critical services. For enterprises where downtime is not an option, ScriptRock's system-wide overwatch offers the assurance that misconfigurations and anomalies are caught before they affect the business. By satisfying this fundamental ...
May. 5, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 656
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally – how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, provided answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He also discussed Intercloud and Cisco’s investment on it.
May. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,122
SYS-CON Events announced today that B2Cloud, a provider of enterprise resource planning software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. B2cloud develops the software you need. They have the ideal tools to help you work with your clients. B2Cloud’s main solutions include AGIS – ERP, CLOHC, AGIS – Invoice, and IZUM
May. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,465
The Internet of Things Maturity Model (IoTMM) is a qualitative method to gauge the growth and increasing impact of IoT capabilities in an IT environment from both a business and technology perspective. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will first scan the IoT landscape and investigate the major challenges and barriers. The key areas of consideration are identified to get started with IoT journey. He will then pinpoint the need of a tool for effective IoT adoption and implementation, whic...
May. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,141
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and eas...
May. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,369
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immed...
May. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,779
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch ...
May. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,898