|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 07:14 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (www.ehealth.com), which operates eHealthInsurance.com, the nation's first and largest private online health insurance exchange, today reminded uninsured consumers that state-specific and insurer-specific enrollment deadlines are fast approaching. The company also highlighted consumer resources available for shoppers at eHealthInsurance.com.
eHealth previously identified a number of states in which at least one health insurance company continued to accept new health insurance applications beyond the March 31, 2014 deadline for the nationwide open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). These states include Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington(1). Enrollment opportunities in a number of these states are scheduled to come to an end as follows(2):
- April 15, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Arizona, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
- April 18, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the state of Maryland.
- April 30, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Hawaii, New Mexico and Oregon.
eHealth has created an infographic, available for download, illustrating these deadlines, in addition to extended enrollment deadlines made available to qualifying consumers through government health insurance marketplaces.
For uninsured consumers in the states mentioned above -- or for any consumers still uninsured who experience a qualifying life events making them eligible for a special enrollment period -- eHealth has made the following resources available:
- The Uninsured Hotline at 877-803-2369. Licensed agents at eHealth's Customer Care Center are staffing the hotline to address questions from uninsured consumers who may still have enrollment options or who missed the nationwide open enrollment period which ended on March 31, 2014. Agents can provide information about which qualifying life events may trigger a special enrollment period allowing consumers to enroll in individual or family major medical insurance. Callers can also learn about their potential liability for a 2014 tax penalty and about health insurance alternatives such as short-term health insurance, which may still provide a form of protection despite not meeting the coverage criteria of the Affordable Care Act.
- eHealth's Affordable Care Act Resource Center. The Affordable Care Act Resource Center provides consumers with articles, FAQs, and videos that can help them understand the potential consequences of missing the open enrollment period, as well as help them learn more about coverage options available outside of open enrollment. Topics specifically addressed in the Resource Center include qualifying life events which may allow you to enroll in major medical individual or family coverage; short-term health insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and other supplemental insurance plans like dental and vision insurance; and the tax penalties and other potential consequences of not enrolling in ACA-compliant health insurance plans during the open enrollment period.
- The eHealth Price Index. The online eHealth Price Index tracks nationwide average monthly premiums for individual and family health insurance plans selected by consumers shopping through eHealth. The eHealth Price Index is updated on a daily basis. As of April 13, 2014, the average premium for plans selected by individual eHealth shoppers was $242 per month; the average premium for family plans selected by eHealth shoppers was $581 per month. The eHealth Price Index provides consumers with insight into what they may expect to pay for individual or family major medical health insurance coverage during an open enrollment period or when they experience a qualifying life event allowing them to purchase an ACA-compliant health insurance plan outside of open enrollment.
(1) Enrollment opportunities within these states are subject to change and eHealth cannot guarantee that insurers will continue to accept applications. Some insurers may only serve limited areas within a particular state. Health insurance companies in other states may also decide to accept applications.
(2) Dates are based on information provided to eHealth by insurance companies within these states.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) operates eHealthInsurance.com, the Nation's first and largest private health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from leading insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 200 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and eHealthMedicare.com (www.eHealthMedicare.com).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2568037
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
May. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,880
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, described an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service design to create experiences that go beyond simple connected gadgets to create lasting, multi-device exp...
May. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,988
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of...
May. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,378
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 27, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,471
Some developers believe that monitoring is a function of the operations team. Some operations teams firmly believe that monitoring the systems they maintain is sufficient to run the business successfully. Most of them are wrong. The complexity of today's applications have gone far and beyond the capabilities of "traditional" system-level monitoring tools and approaches and requires much broader knowledge of business and applications as a whole. The goal of DevOps is to connect all aspects of app...
May. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,780
DevOps is the hottest moving target when it comes to software development methodologies. Many people fear that this fast-paced, barrier-breaking movement will leave information security best practices in the dust. Analysts provide recommendations to security professionals using bingo-laden terms like "moving security to the left" or "get a seat at the table." What we need are real-world examples and tactics for security practitioners to be part of DevOps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Andrew...
May. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,498
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
May. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,068
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
May. 27, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,939
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
May. 27, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,577
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 27, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,303
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue o...
May. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 891
Want to enable self-service provisioning of application environments in minutes that mirror production? Can you automatically provide rich data with code-level detail back to the developers when issues occur in production? In his session at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how to accomplish this and more utilizing technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio online, and Application Insights in this demo-heavy session.
May. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,331
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
May. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 706
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally – how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, provided answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He also discussed Intercloud and Cisco’s investment on it.
May. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,826
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,727